Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10+ months order to deliver - Am I doing something wrong?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed the order for Y - Long Range, Grey color, no auto pilot. I placed the order in Nov 21, and completed all paperwork in Dec 21.
The delivery date initially was Feb, then moved to April then to July and now to Oct 2022.

Am I doing something wrong here?

I placed the order for Y - Long Range, Grey color, no auto pilot. I placed the order in Nov 21, and completed all paperwork in Dec 21.
The delivery date initially was Feb, then moved to April then to July and now to Oct 2022.

Am I doing something wrong here?
It sounds like something may be wrong with your profile. This could be caused by expired trade in or finance offer.

It is recommended that you set your trade in to no trade in and payment method to cash, as if either of these expire, it can make your EDD push out because your profile is not complete.

These can be changed once you get your VIN. Contact your SA or use Tesla chat to have them reset.

If both of these are already set as suggested and your EDD is pushed out, there are unconfirmed reports that expired insurance can also cause this. That is, if you have already uploaded it.

Upvote 0
It sounds like something may be wrong with your profile. This could be caused by expired trade in or finance offer.

It is recommended that you set your trade in to no trade in and payment method to cash, as if either of these expire, it can make your EDD push out because your profile is not complete.

These can be changed once you get your VIN. Contact your SA or use Tesla chat to have them reset.

If both of these are already set as suggested and your EDD is pushed out, there are unconfirmed reports that expired insurance can also cause this. That is, if you have already uploaded it.
Do everything suggested above! The first thing you need to do is eliminate any issues with your profile, after that delivery timing will depend on many factors. Tesla was prioritizing orders with FSD but I don't believe they are doing that anymore. Contact your SA or call the Tesla showroom nearest to you and talk to an SA. They should be able to tell you how quickly vehicles have been coming in your area. Performance models will come in the quickest. The Long Range will take significantly longer.

When I look at the Tesla site it shows June/July for performance and between 10/2022 and 01/2023 for the long range.

Upvote 0
Do you have any open tasks?
Did your select financing? Your offer may have expired.
Did you submit a trade? Your trade in could need reevaluated.

When you open your app what does the blue button say?
No outstanding tasks. I talked to a Tesla showroom guy who pulled up my record and confirmed nothing due on my part.
I ordered a LR without FSD. They said right now they are prioritizing FSD. I get it, but a 10+ month wait is a bit too much.

Upvote 0
Blue button says "View". No outstanding items.
I'm not sure that the view button would show expired financing or trade in options or that any given SA knows to look for things. If anyone knows for certain about the view button please comment. As stated above "It is recommended that you set your trade in to no trade in and payment method to cash, as if either of these expire, it can make your EDD push out because your profile is not complete." Given the differing levels of SA service/knowledge you may need to actively tell them to set your payment option to cash and that you have no trade in to be certain rather than rely on them saying there are no outstanding items. Good luck! Good luck to us all actually!

Upvote 0