Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10 referrals for referral program, anyone get it chime in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping that airfare will be included but... if not, I hope that it will be at least for an event outside of peak season... 1500 Euro's for plain tickets to attend for the Giga factory was just too much, especially since I started saving today for the 100 kWh upgrade;)

It is a bit odd that they don't include more than just a pair of tickets for 10 referrals.

If you think about it, while the event itself is probably quite costly, it is a marketing event for advertising a new product which one would expect Tesla's marketing department to cover, and not reward a referrer with such a value. Is it a smoke and mirrors accounting gimmick that they are taking advantage of at the referrers expense and calling it a referrers reward? In my mind, the value to the winner is just a fun evening out, and while that has some great value, it is not much more than a few hundred dollars in my mind, and you have to pay travel and hotel to boot - so in the end you could be out about $2k depending upon where you live. If you get 5 referrals, you are awarded about $5000 in wheels and tires, which is super awesome, and worth about $1000 per referral. The next 5 one would expect some similar type of reward value of $5000 - sounds like at least an expense paid trip to California or Nevada (or how about to a SpaceX launch?) doesn't it? But it isn't.

So I am super excited and enthused and working hard to get 5 referrals, the next 5 are kind of meh... Gravy for the cause I suppose...

you would expect something a bit more than just an invitation for helping them sell $1 million in revenue. just saying....
....Exactly.

Reactions: DaveT
i hit my 5 referrals for this period and stopped trying. getting to the 10 is not easy and hitting it is not rewarding... maybe the next referral round will include something better and i'll convince more people to buy then... lol

Did they change it so that there's no maximum limit this time? In previous referral programs, a message would be displayed indicating the 5 (?) referrals for the link had already been used. I've tried several of the 'popular' referral links which I assume would already have 10 referrals and they all appear to work.

As for myself, I'm very close to having the coveted 10 referrals. 37 days to go! :)

Last edited:
Did they change it so that there's no maximum limit this time? In previous referral programs, a message would be displayed indicating the 5 (?) referrals for the link had already been used. I've tried several of the 'popular' referral links which I assume would already have 10 referrals and they all appear to work.

As for myself, I'm very close to having the coveted 10 referrals. 37 days to go! :)
im gonna say 5 is coveted, 10 to me is not... i can get tickets to the event if i wanted without the 10 so its not much... fly me and cover my trip and i would be all over the 10...

i went to the 3 event, and aim to go to the next 3 event...

Today, I can confirm that the initial referral link still works but once you select to configure an S or X, the Design Studio shows a message indicating all of the referral credits have already been used. :D

Reactions: DÆrik