Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1000 credit showed up on LR-AWD booking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All, I booked M3 AWD on Oct 13th when cost was $55,000 (LR+AWD). Then I got a call from delivery team that they found a vehicle at delivery location and quickly went through paper work to schedule delivery on Oct 20th. But on the day of delivery I got a call to cancel appointment as they found issues with the car that need to be addressed. On the same day I saw the price drop by $1000 when the mid-range was introduced. Hit with not able to take the delivery of the car and pay extra... I was planning to call them today and ask to see if I can get the discount since I did not take delivery of my car.

But today morning when i went to my Tesla account i can see the price reduced by $1041.50 due back to me...! sweet.Find the image showing the same.

Please share if anyone had the same experience.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 5.20.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 5.20.10 PM.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: dhrivnak and bd7349
What's going on with the "black and white" interior costing $1000 while I paid $1500 for "white" interior. Are they the same thing and they cut the price, or is B&W not quite the same? Do I need to tweet Elon to get an adjustment? Also, I never got my die cast car for being a first day reservation holder. I heard they're out.

Just got an email from my IDA and my June 30th order is getting the $1000 price adjustment, so it seems like everyone is eligible for it.
I also ordered on 6/30. What price did you end up with? My still shows $35k model 3 cost + $18k LR AWD cost + $1k of document fee and no price adjustment.

I did see another post where the person is getting -$1k price adjustment on top of the prices above.

I also ordered on 6/30. What price did you end up with? My still shows $35k model 3 cost + $18k LR AWD cost + $1k of document fee and no price adjustment.

I did see another post where the person is getting -$1k price adjustment on top of the prices above.

So, here's what my IDA said to me when I asked:
Price- From my understanding you will be receiving the price adjustment. The price adjustment works in one of two ways.

- If the delivery paperwork has already been generated with the previous pricing, these customers will be refunded the price difference and this change will not be reflected on their delivery profile.

-All other orders will be updated to reflect the new pricing this week. Not all of these changes will be reflected in the customer's delivery profile but will show on their final paperwork at delivery.

I already signed my MVPA, so I think I'll just be getting a refund check for the $1000.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I wonder if the $1K for 6/30 orders is because those somehow seemed to have gotten lost in the delivery schedule from what I've seen. Did you guys get your cars yet or maybe just very recently? I was a 6/27 order with delivery on 9/23. If they decided to refund those "system forgotten" orders some money towards their purchase then I think that is a very fair thing to do if you got skipped over.

Reactions: neroden

Same here. $35K plus $18K and $1K doc fees. No price adjustment. It seems like the $1K credit should only apply to those who have a $19K (or more) cost for LR AWD if the point was to equalize the charge for everyone. Of course I won't refuse a $1K credit!

Looks like the price just dropped by $1000. I ordered LR AWD, Red, 19", EAP for 63K on Saturday and right now that same config is 62K.

Yup. It dropped back down to an $18k upgrade for LR AWD with Premium. ($9k for battery, $5k for premium, and $4k for AWD). I bought on 10/9 when it was $6k for AWD. They dropped it to $5k on my invoice last week... hoping they knock off the next $1000 before my 11/7 delivery!

• Helpful
Reactions: webdbbt
I ordered on 7/29. Shortly after that, AWD went up in price by $1,000. My order did not increase of course.

Earlier this week I noticed my order had reduced in price by $1,000. Today it increased by $1,000, back to the original price. My delivery is scheduled for Saturday.