Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100kWh Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

_yeti

Jan 22, 2020
Canada
Have we seen any leaks around a potential 100 kWH "Ultra Long Range" Model Y?

I know we saw the M3 source code hint at a 100 kWh option in December. I'm assuming the Y and 3 are running off a common codebase - perhaps that was actually in reference to a Y option?

With our winter reduced ranges and limited supercharger infrastructure in more rural parts of Ontario, this is an option I would gladly pay for.

From a product strategy perspective it seems like a reasonable option from the outside - and likely feasible given the improvements in energy density plus additional space in the Y. I'd even sacrifice the frunk for the range!

Anything we have heard or speculation on this?

• Love
Reactions: odguy
It would be easy for Tesla to offer a 100 kWh Model Y if they made the floor two rows of batteries like they did for future roadster.

Or I think they could make even longer modules given that it is a slightly longer car (The 3 has 4 really long modules side by side). Or they could have improved the 2170 energy density further and ~100kWh can now fit in a LR pack.

I’d bet against stacking because they mentioned the Roadster is going to have 200kWh when stacked which implies that each layer is able to achieve 100kWh.