Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10k for STek full body?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got quoted $10k for a well known detail shop here in Seattle/Bellevue for a full body STek wrap. They say you get what you pay for but this is the highest I've yet seen on these forums by quite a bit. Is Stek really going for that much? Fair price for a reputable installer? I think that's stek alone, no wheels, no tint, no seat backs, no dash cam install.

This is for a new X straight from delivery. Mostly it's for rock damage, I plan to park on the street so hoping to get some extra protection - any other options I should consider?

Dude, just drive down to Portland to 503motoring and they'll do a full wrap on a model X for $5k. Take the money you saved and take a nice vacation. They've done my last two Teslas and they do a great job.It boggles my mind that Seattle owners would tolerate paying those kind of prices.

Just got quoted $10k for a well known detail shop here in Seattle/Bellevue for a full body STek wrap. They say you get what you pay for but this is the highest I've yet seen on these forums by quite a bit. Is Stek really going for that much? Fair price for a reputable installer? I think that's stek alone, no wheels, no tint, no seat backs, no dash cam install.

This is for a new X straight from delivery. Mostly it's for rock damage, I plan to park on the street so hoping to get some extra protection - any other options I should consider?

You are getting ripped off. Go elsewhere. Never heard of STek either.

Hi everyone, John here from Metropolitan Detail. I wanted to first introduce myself to the OP and those who have replied. We install STEK DYNOshield, DYNOmatt and DYNOprism. For 10K, this must have been DYNOmatt, this is the only matte finish paint protection film on the market that is infused with a nano coating called HYDROphobe into the film during the manufacturing process. (High performance nano coatings can be applied to other films, but a aftermarket coating is never as durable or high performance as one that is applied during the manufacturing process). This not only makes DYNOmatt the most stain resistant film on the market, but it also is incredibly hydrophobic and easy to clean. We perform a custom installation, meaning all possible edges are wrapped and tucked away, not a computer plotted pattern for the car. Although this takes a lot more time, it does ensure a much higher quality installation. I have attached a few videos showing the 3 different films we offer.

DYNOmatt:

DYNOshield:

DYNOprism:

To date, we have fully wrapped over 200 Teslas, so experience definitely counts when performing this type of installation.

If you have any questions about paint protection film, please feel free to ask away.

Regards,

John Kleven
Metropolitan Detail
www.metropolitandetail.com

• Helpful
Reactions: BLKMDL3

Hadn't see this post, or I may have headed down to Portland and visited friends. Just a heads up that I did the Stek DYNOmatt and it is flipping amazing! Had it done at APC Auto, but priced it at several places, and they all had a base price of 10k. I went with APC cause I was able to find a discount through Prime, and they also have other programs as well (including TMC), and they also threw in an interior Ceramic protection as well. So happy I did this. My accountant wasn't though. :p