Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12/31 8pm delivery at the Tesla factory instead of DC speculation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People like you allow Tesla to get away with being a shitty car company. SA hooked it up with a free wall charger. If you are firm but polite with your request you get much farther than letting people walk all over you in life. Good luck with that!

Lmao.

Ahhh, I get it. You’re one of those people stretching to get a Tesla and think they owe you the world for buying a $50k car.

When you ordered the car Tesla told you delivery by the EOY. They are keeping their promise, but you’re mad that they aren’t working around your plans AND want to be compensated for that? It’s their fault you bought non refundable tickets?

Nobody is walking all over you, and I can tell from your post the SA doesn’t think you’re “firm and polite”. They think you’re a d**k.

Harassing and begging someone for a $500 charger would not be worth my time. So you should save that “good luck” for yourself. Since we’re giving out life advice here’s a protip for you: sometimes when you think you’ve “won” you really didn’t...

I hope the car they’re delivering to you meets your expectations, but somehow I doubt it will. Looking forward to seeing your future threads complaining about trivial stuff!

Lmao.

Ahhh, I get it. You’re one of those people stretching to get a Tesla and think they owe you the world for buying a $50k car.

When you ordered the car Tesla told you delivery by the EOY. They are keeping their promise, but you’re mad that they aren’t working around your plans AND want to be compensated for that? It’s their fault you bought non refundable tickets?

Nobody is walking all over you, and I can tell from your post the SA doesn’t think you’re “firm and polite”. They think you’re a d**k.

Harassing and begging someone for a $500 charger would not be worth my time. So you should save that “good luck” for yourself. Since we’re giving out life advice here’s a protip for you: sometimes when you think you’ve “won” you really didn’t...

I hope the car they’re delivering to you meets your expectations, but somehow I doubt it will. Looking forward to seeing your future threads complaining about trivial stuff!
You do you, but I was successful in getting my problem resolved with a 15 min phone call and I don’t have to worry about canceling plans I made months ago. It’s possible to make a polite request to fix a problem without being a dick, you may not be able to, but most adults can.

So are you going to refuse the wall charger you got them to offer you--offered since you told them you were going to miss your plans (and it's not their fault, others have rearranged their schedule or received a changed appointment without asking for compensation). As I understand your posts they were able to reschedule your appointment to an early time so you could go on your boat tour or whatever it was you had planned. The fact that they were willing to try to make someone happy and cost them extra money doesn't sound like the crappy company many have made them out to be.

Last edited:
So are you going to refuse the wall charger you got them to offer you--offered since you told them you were going to miss your plans (and it's not their fault, others have rearranged their schedule or received a changed appointment without asking for compensation). As I understand your posts they were able to reschedule your appointment to an early time so you could go on your boat tour or whatever it was you had planned. The fact that they were willing to try to make someone happy and cost them extra money doesn't sound like the crappy company many have made them out to be.
The deal was they would try to get me an earlier appointment or they would give me a wall charger if they couldn’t get me in earlier to compensate for the NYE issues. I got an email follow up saying that they got me on a earlier batch so I’m happy. I mean they are obviously trying but whoever at Tesla thought that an auto assigned delivery at 8pm on a holiday night most people have plans for wasn’t putting the customer first.

I think most people are more excited to be getting their cars this year than watching fireworks or drinking in the New Year. Our friend in NY who got his yesterday afternoon said he had no idea how great the car is. He was sitting in his car in the garage I think for hours and said the ride was unlike anything he had experienced. Said he wished he had bought one a year ago. He even wants to get a mattress and camp in it. Apart from all the discussions here on the forum I'm glad you are getting your car in time like so many others. Just read someone post that they saw 27 car carriers loaded heading south on their trip up to the San Fran area ( California, The Land That Time Forgot ). People have had so little faith that they can do this in time and they really do deserve more credit.

And yes, they know they have areas for improvement. Switching out custom software systems to replace the one they had been using ( https://electrek.co/2019/11/06/tesla-updating-internal-focus-securing-customer-accounts-musk/ ) and getting ready to start this one person per customer experience shows that it's been something in the works. Inside Tesla's overhaul plan for its sales and delivery teams to solve one of its toughest customer challenges

Last edited:
I think most people are more excited to be getting their cars this year than watching fireworks or drinking in the New Year. Our friend in NY who got his yesterday afternoon said he had no idea how great the car is. He was sitting in his car in the garage I think for hours and said the ride was unlike anything he had experienced. Said he wished he had bought one a year ago. He even wants to get a mattress and camp in it. Apart from all the discussions here on the forum I'm glad you are getting your car in time like so many others. Just read someone post that they saw 27 car carriers loaded heading south on their trip up to the San Fran area ( California, The Land That Time Forgot ). People have had so little faith that they can do this in time and they really do deserve more credit.

And yes, they know they have areas for improvement. Switching out custom software systems to replace the one they had been using ( https://electrek.co/2019/11/06/tesla-updating-internal-focus-securing-customer-accounts-musk/ ) and getting ready to start this one person per customer experience shows that it's been something in the works. Inside Tesla's overhaul plan for its sales and delivery teams to solve one of its toughest customer challenges
Oh I get the excitement, but at the end of the day it is just a thing and I would rather spend time with friends that i get to see only once or twice a year, which is why I was super frustrated with having to pick between them and a 2k tax credit. Thanks, fingers crossed everything goes well on the 31st and I’ll be able to forget about this quickly and start praising Tesla!

Reactions: OCR1 and SMAlset