Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#121 Salvaged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
82710122.jpg

You know, assuming it runs and doesn't rattle too much, this doesn't look that bad.

Slap a 2.5 nose on it and call it an upgrade!

Where do you see that?
Quite clear in the ebay photos. On the front-left there are major cracks in the unpainted bits of what would be under the nose (if there were one) and under the hood. It's so bad, looks like someone tried to mend it together with a piece of bendable metal and some screws (painted black) in one spot, perhaps some tape in another.

From the way that this car is damaged, I would suspect that it became airborne, and nosed in on the left and front of the car. This does not look like direct impact damage. I would check the rest of the suspension, undercarriage and rear links and shocks for additional damage. Likely why the insurance company put it out for salvage is it will cost more to rebuild that the car is worth. I am surprised that it went for that much money!! I would be intersting to hear what the new owner found.

Unless a working vehicle is not your objective. If you were a competitor or a university research group $45K just gave you an intact ESS, PEM, motor, cooling system, CAN buses, firmware, VDS. Chances are zero work would be required to get the car to run on a rolling road to monitor it every way under all conceivable operating regimes, before later destructively analysing (aka disassembling) the ESS to understand all of Tesla's manufacturing approaches.

Last edited: