Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12v air compressors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had good experience with a Slime 40051 digital tire inflator purchased from a local O'reilly auto parts store. Used it about 4 or 5 times to get several more psi back into my tires. I think that most I've pushed it was to 45psi, from 35 or so, when I had a puncture. Wanted the extra couple of psi while I drove the car to get the tire fixed. Pump did NOT trip the circuit breaker for the cigarette lighter. Like all such compact inflators, it's pretty noisy but it gets the job done in a couple of minutes. You set the maximum pressure limit using the + and - buttons and then let it rip. Shuts off automatically. Not sure how bright the light is as I've only used it in the daytime.

fyi...
Screenshot_20200108-020851_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20200108-020740_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Had the best luck with this. Had other types of compressors and they had to be plugged in, had to wait to fill the compressor's reservoir tank before becoming operable, etc.:

RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ Lithium-Ion Cordless Power Inflator Kit with 1.3 Ah Battery and 18-Volt Charger-P737KN - The Home Depot

Of course it helps if you already have other Ryobi cordless tools but for $69 (including 1.3 amp/hour battery plus charger) to me this was a deal. And if you already own Ryobis and already have extra batteries then it drops down to like $25 for the tool alone:

RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ Cordless Power Inflator (Tool-Only)-P737 - The Home Depot

PS. not to be confused with Ryobi's high VOLUME inflator (lower pressure for air mattresses and inflatable kiddie pools, basketballs, etc.):

RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ Cordless High Volume Power Inflator (Tool Only)-P738 - The Home Depot

Last edited:
Had the best luck with this. Had other types of compressors and they had to be plugged in, had to wait to fill the compressor's reservoir tank before becoming operable, etc.:

Another vote for the Ryobi !! I also like using the Ryobi ONE+ cordless inflator. I have the one with the digital display that stops at the desired pressure. As you mentioned, it does help that I have multiple batteries and chargers...

Reactions: mrbulk