Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V Battery life in Ontario, Canada, colder areas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long will the 12V last up here where it's colder (for now, and maybe not out west under a heat dome)?
Heard reports of only 3 years but most of those are M3s in SW USA. And heat definitely is hard on them.
My last ICE battery up here lasted 9 years ...

Mine lasted 4 years and 219,000 km. Replaced out of warranty by Tesla. Less expensive than Canadian Tire battery.
Replacement still in Service after 2.5 years.
Bad Karma after posting this. At July 22 I again got the replacement needed message. Made appointment for ranger and cost estimate is CAD$ 50 higher than 2.5 years ago. These suckers certainly don't last too long. A longer lasting Lithium OEM battery is CAD$ 600.-

Bad Karma after posting this. At July 22 I again got the replacement needed message. Made appointment for ranger and cost estimate is CAD$ 50 higher than 2.5 years ago. These suckers certainly don't last too long. A longer lasting Lithium OEM battery is CAD$ 600.-
Maybe ask Tesla how close they are with rolling out the Lithium batteries that are going into the new S/X models. Somewhere I saw they are looking into it as a retrofit to older models.

4+ years on my battery without any troubles (knock on wood!).

Reactions: Vawlkus
I opted for the Ohmma 12V lithium battery sold on Amazon.ca . Ordered last Friday and was shipped from Arizona. Arrived yesterday afternoon via FedEx. Installed it per advice from several YouTube videos. Had to transfer the terminal studs from the old battery. Cleaned them and the clamps. All is working now and the nasty message is gone. The battery is 100% replacement guaranteed for four years. Hope it lasts longer and I get good value out of it.