Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V Battery Replacement Vendor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed the new battery and all I can say is what a pain in the ass. I have the model s with the battery under the passenger side of the hood beneath the cabin filter assembly. It was impossible to get out and hard to get back in. I would have happily paid someone to change this thing out if it was possible. If you do this your self make sure you get all the connections back on the battery and fuse box.

Reactions: jepicken and mrElbe
They do have some profiles that can be configured in the car's configuration for the various types of batteries they've used over the years... but in practice, as long as you use the newest replacement available from Tesla this doesn't seem to matter.

Are there changes in how they charge the 12V battery? It seems there is a more or less constant 3A draw on the 12V battery. Once it dips to 12.5V it is being recharged from the main battery.

On mine this means that it will "charge" about 6 times per 24 hours. When I had my battery replaced thet changed the config for the 12vbatterytype - but reverted it again remotely after a month-ish.

The different revisions have different known capacities. The setting helps the system understand where things should be based on calculated capacity. Since the newest revision of 12V has the highest capacity, the setting doesn't really matter.

3A at idle is a decent amount. Is this with energy saver on and always connected off?

Installed the new battery and all I can say is what a pain in the ass. I have the model s with the battery under the passenger side of the hood beneath the cabin filter assembly. It was impossible to get out and hard to get back in. I would have happily paid someone to change this thing out if it was possible. If you do this your self make sure you get all the connections back on the battery and fuse box.

What month and year is your car?

The different revisions have different known capacities. The setting helps the system understand where things should be based on calculated capacity. Since the newest revision of 12V has the highest capacity, the setting doesn't really matter.

3A at idle is a decent amount. Is this with energy saver on and always connected off?

This is without any power savings - so always connected and no power save. If I enable power save I do not get data for 12V + 12V charging. (I'm using the vitals to get the data for my logs).

Apart from the standard tesla stuff I have a GPS tracker installed and a 4G modem attached to the USB.