Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12v battery warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my S85 from the dealer here, it's way out of warranty as far as I know but when I was expecting to pay there was no charge. They did: new 12v battery, recall passenger airbag replace, program spare key, wash and vacuum for $0. Also had a brand new 75D to drive around in while they worked on it!

12v battery was listed as 'warranty'

Do I have an extended warranty I didn't know about? I bought the car from a small dealer so maybe he didn't know everything about it when he sold it to me?

....extended warranty...

12V battery is specifically excluded from extended warranty.

"Other Parts not covered:

Bright metal, sheet metal, bumpers, ornamentation moldings, carpet, upholstery, paint, shock absorbers, 12V battery, battery cables, lenses, light bulbs, sealed beams, glass (e.g., windshield), wheels, interior trim, body seals and gaskets (e.g., weather stripping);"

Tesla has the right to provide courtesy service so I wouldn't complain and don't be surprised if you get charged next time.

I currently own a 2017 MSP100D with no extended warranty. I have had almost no issues until this week when I received a dash warning to service the 12v battery.
I used the app, made an appointment and within a coupe of days, Tesla showed up at my home, change the battery and said No Charge.
Nice surprise.
Thanks Tesla.