Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12volts power plug after v10 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before v10 the power 12v was always On.I installed dashcam with parking mode by using constant 12 v from power socket.
After v10 update 12 v going OFF when car is off. Where will be best place to connect permanent 12v for parking mode of dashcam.

There are several Youtube video dealing with the Model 3 additional 12 V connection:

The Youtube notes say "switched". It sounds like it will be switched off when the car is switched off but the thread of this article seems to be for unswitched source which is continuous power source so the dasch cam won't be switched off when the car is parked.

I assume there's a constant 12V at the non-standardized Tesla OBDII port. It is located behind the central console after uncovering its back cover at the bottom.

I have/had a 2-channel Blackvue dashcam with a Celink Battery B connected via the 12v for parking mode. There is no easy out of the area place to put the battery (I ended up putting it behind the center console on the floor).

Anyway, once Senty Mode came around, I found that the 12V stays on (whenever Sentry is activated). So I removed the Celink Battery and still have parking mode with my Blackvue. I also get double coverage with Sentry Mode activated. It's a win-win for me.

Anyway, once Senty Mode came around, I found that the 12V stays on (whenever Sentry is activated).
Tha's correct, even if there is no USB, if the Sentry is on, the Sentry is active.

So you have to be carefull if you plan to park your car for a long time.
Because with Sentry on, the battery loose at least 10% a day.

But you can control Sentry remotely with your App.

I have/had a 2-channel Blackvue dashcam with a Celink Battery B connected via the 12v for parking mode. There is no easy out of the area place to put the battery (I ended up putting it behind the center console on the floor).

Anyway, once Senty Mode came around, I found that the 12V stays on (whenever Sentry is activated). So I removed the Celink Battery and still have parking mode with my Blackvue. I also get double coverage with Sentry Mode activated. It's a win-win for me.
The point to install dashcam was to avoid such crazy drain of battery with sentry mode.If I will keep sentry mode ON no point to use parking mode on dashcam...Sentry mode real battery killer...eating almost 50 km a day