Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

14-50 installer in Denver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who has recently used an electrician to install a 14-50 plug in their garage? I see the list of Tesla recommended installers, but I would like to get some more recent opinions before I go down the rabbit hole of getting quotes. I found the latest thread mentioned Greiner and they look decent. Has anyone had luck with any of the recommended installers?

We had our garage wired by Greiner Electric. They had to run conduit around the whole back of the house to the garage since our electric panel is on the opposite side of the house. They did a great job and is works beautifully!

Thanks Erik

our electric panel is on the opposite side of the house.
Isn't that always the way? My house is on well water, and my well is on the opposite side of the house from where the utility room, so it had to be run through the entire house. Thankfully my garage had a clear shot to the electrical box, I got lucky on that for the EV charging.

Good luck, blef44, I wasn't trying to be terse, many people come into the EV world thinking they need an EV-specific electrician. You say the word EV (or Tesla especially) and the price for an outlet in your garage goes from $150 to $1,500. I'm not joking. When I did mine I called six places - if I said "EV charger install outlet" the price was never less than $1,500. If I said "220v outlet" the prices ranged from hourly @ $75/hr to $225.

Isn't that always the way?
I can top that :)

I'm in a mid-rise condo, with an underground parking level. My parking spot is in the SE corner of the building. The electrical room is guess where - the NW corner. The run was 350 ft! And price was a very reasonable $1300 - actually $2600 for 2 runs of 6 ga copper, the other for a neighbor who bought a Leaf. Work done by Current Electric of Englewood.

I used New Electric who is listed on the Tesla website as a recommended installer.
Charged me $385 and my conduit run was only about 5 maybe 7 feet ... luckily. I priced out 2 other installers ... one came back at $650 and the other at $975. I sent them a picture of my electrical panel and told them it was only about 5 feet of wire run ... yet the prices quoted were quite varied.
Got it done in about 1.5 hours maybe 2 I'd say.
Eddie and Craig were both very friendly and answered all my questions without any issues.
I'd recommend them ... they said they have done over 20 NEMA 14-50 installs already this year in the greater Boulder area. I think they service most if not all of Denver, but you'd have to verify it.