Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

15/20 spacers with 245/40-19 pics?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed the 15/20mm spacers on stock 18 Aero wheels, but I have these 19x8 +40 wheels coming with 245/40 19 Michelin Pilot Sport 3 Plus aboard. I think the spacers with the 0.5" narrower wheels but the 10cm wider tires will give me, overall, a little more poke than stock and also protect the rims from curb rash a bit. I'll post pics in a couple of weeks when they arrive.

Until then, you'll have to make do with my MS Paint mock up. We got my wife a TM3 AWD+ and are doing cosmetic tweaks to make it close to the looks of a Performance; she likes the look of the P, but we live in pothole-rich Montrose Houston and have a steep driveway-to-curb junction, so the lowered P with the big exposed rims would be dead in six months. We also don't need the big brakes, as we'll never track it.

Screenshot_20201014-184432_Chrome.jpg
IMG_20200921_191319.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VVNLPW2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VWTGD68/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These work for TM3 NON-PERFORMANCE. (Performance 20" wheels have smaller voids in their backs and, so, contact the car's lugs poking through the spacers.) No additional lug nuts required. No shake; they are hub-centric (with a void that fits the car's hub lip and then also a lip of their own to fill the void in the wheel) and very well machined to close tolerances.

can you guys share where you got the spacers from, is there any steering shake at certain speed,? also do you have to use extended lug nuts ?

Bought mine on eBay directly from the manufacturer (BONOSS, formerly Bloxsport).
Note, the version I bought is constructed out of the much stronger aluminum (7075-T6) grade, instead of the more typical and less expensive 6061-T6 grade. Probably not necessary for the type of driving most of us will do with our vehicles, but I wanted the best/strongest material readily available for these spacers.

As others have said, these 15mm and 20mm spacers are 100% plug and play if you have 18” or 19” wheels on your vehicle. If you have a M3P+ (with the 20” wheels), then the 15mm spacer won’t fit without some modification, but the 20mm spacers will fit just fine.

Assuming the spacers have been installed correctly and your alignment is within spec, then absolutely zero vibration or steering shake at any speed. 120 mph is about the highest speed I’ve taken my vehicle with the spacers installed (I was too chicken to take it up the max capable 162 mph speed out of fear of getting pulled/ticketed). Of course, steering is perfectly straight, smooth and vibration-free at 120 mph. Not sure I would use/keep spacers if I were one of those guys who likes to track their vehicle. However, for general street use, I think the general consensus is spacers are perfectly safe.. when installed correctly.

Good luck!!!

963FC35A-8C34-4C20-B6EE-A30E4788F71F.png

Last edited: