Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18” Winter Aero Tire/Wheels on AWD LR model?

Leeclanual

Dec 15, 2018
USA
I’m thinking of buying the 18” winter tire and wheel package from the Tesla store for $2000. Are their any issues with mounting these on my 2018 AWD LR (normally 19” wheels)? Do I need to reprogram something in the car to reflect the tire size change?

P3dStealth

Nov 12, 2019
USA
I’m thinking of buying the 18” winter tire and wheel package from the Tesla store for $2000. Are their any issues with mounting these on my 2018 AWD LR (normally 19” wheels)? Do I need to reprogram something in the car to reflect the tire size change?

You just select the tires in the service menu and it changes. Even your rims on the app will change.

Reactions: Leeclanual

achou0722

Nov 27, 2018
Washington
Simple change in the menu.

You can probably find a set of standard MXM4 for <$1,000 like new on CL. Unlikely to be winter tires, but mounting a set of x-ice would still come out cheaper (and you'd have some spare MXM4s, for what purposes, who knows)

Reactions: Leeclanual

neurocutie

Dec 2, 2019
upstate ny
What winter tires come in this package these days?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC