Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18" wheels possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, On my 100D I recently switched from my OEM 20" wheels to the Tesla 19" wheels with Michelin CrossClimate SUV tires. Right away I noticed a smoother and quieter ride. That's the main thing I'm after, cushy quiet smooth ride for long road trips. My Continentals have about 20k miles so maybe some of that is due to the new CrossClimate tires and some due to more sidewall . Right now I'm guessing because the Continentals have that conti-silent foam on the inside to produce a quieter ride and the CrossClimate doesn't I'm giving the nod for a quieter tier to Continental and the smoother quieter ride to the increased sidewall height. If that's true I was thinking maybe 18" would be even more cushy.

Does anyone know if it's possible to fit an 18" wheel onto a 100D Model X?

Thanks!

I can't answer your question, but I doubt going to 18" will help much more. You can check TSportline to see if they show it as an option. Foam never seems to be a significant factor. Even when carefully measured the difference in foam is really small. I had read one article on the foam recently that the foam is not targeted toward continuous road noise but more for abrupt road noise like seams in the road.

I recently switched from Continental 20" to Pirelli Scorpion Winter 19" and also found it much quieter and smoother. But I bet it's more the tire than the rim size change.

Reactions: DannyNorcal
I can't answer your question, but I doubt going to 18" will help much more. You can check TSportline to see if they show it as an option. Foam never seems to be a significant factor. Even when carefully measured the difference in foam is really small. I had read one article on the foam recently that the foam is not targeted toward continuous road noise but more for abrupt road noise like seams in the road.

I recently switched from Continental 20" to Pirelli Scorpion Winter 19" and also found it much quieter and smoother. But I bet it's more the tire than the rim size change.
Interesting about the foam. Thanks for the information.