Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" OEM rim and tire weights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some time ago on this thread I recall seeing posts/pics concerning the OEM 19" Cardenio rim weights (front, rear), as well as total rim+tire weights (front, rear). Did a search but nothing came up. If anyone has that info, would be greatly appreciated.

My Plaid is still scheduled for Oct 31- Nov 20 delivery and I am trying to figure out a winter tire/rim strategy. Do I (1) use the stock 19" rims for winter tires, pulling the A/S tires off right away, and then try to find decent 20" setup for summer use? Or do I (2) get a square 19" setup (rims, tires) for winter, and keep the OEM setup for summer. I don't want to lose a lot of summer range by switching to 20s, so it would help to know what the stock weights are. Of course the "aero" factor comes into play as well.

Need to figure this out soon as by the time November rolls around, nobody will have decent inventory of winter tires.

If anyone has done similar explorations it would be great to hear from you.🤓

Reactions: Drew-MS
Some time ago on this thread I recall seeing posts/pics concerning the OEM 19" Cardenio rim weights (front, rear), as well as total rim+tire weights (front, rear). Did a search but nothing came up. If anyone has that info, would be greatly appreciated.

My Plaid is still scheduled for Oct 31- Nov 20 delivery and I am trying to figure out a winter tire/rim strategy. Do I (1) use the stock 19" rims for winter tires, pulling the A/S tires off right away, and then try to find decent 20" setup for summer use? Or do I (2) get a square 19" setup (rims, tires) for winter, and keep the OEM setup for summer. I don't want to lose a lot of summer range by switching to 20s, so it would help to know what the stock weights are. Of course the "aero" factor comes into play as well.

Need to figure this out soon as by the time November rolls around, nobody will have decent inventory of winter tires.

If anyone has done similar explorations it would be great to hear from you.🤓
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere the 19" set-up is about 40lbs lighter than the 21s. I'll have to look again.

Me personally, I'd go with option 1. Use the stock 19s for Winter tires and buy aftermarket staggered 20s: Front either 9.5" or 10" and Rear either 10.5" or 11"

Reactions: Bitjockey