Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera (993) Polar Silver Cabriolet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is might not be the crowd for this car, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

If you love engineering where form follows function, an air cooled Porsche has a similar philosophy to a Tesla.

I'm selling my beloved 911. It is currently on consignment in my friend's warehouse, but this is my personal car for the past almost 10 years.

Asking $45,995.

I purchased the car in February 2007 from a PCA driving instructor (Rennlist member) at 60,000 miles approximately. (27000 miles driven in the last 10 years, mostly on clear temperate days). Otherwise covered or garaged. Always warmed up properly.

It’s been my weekend car alongside my daily(at this point in time a P85). I unfortunately have to sell for an investment opportunity but will hopefully be back in a Porsche again soon. The 911 was my childhood dream car.

Includes original window sticker, manuals, spare tire, tool kit, air pump and built in battery tender.

1995 Porsche 911 Cabriolet
6 speed manual
Polar silver
Grey Supple Leather
Black top
86967 miles
Full motor tear down and rebuild at 80100 miles ($15,000 no expense spared, by TKXperformance on Long Island. If you are not familiar, this era 911 has a Metzger engine which is designed to be rebuilt ala race car).
Clutch replaced at 69000 miles approximately in 2009.
Oil changed annually
Front bumperettes eliminated
OEM front clear corners
OEM m030 suspension
6000k HID headlights
Steve Wong Chip (93 octane programmed), have original chip as well
CF front strut brace
Stock exhaust with muffler bypass
Billet valve covers
Alcantara wrapped upper dashboard with silver stitching (Black)
OEM Carrera 4 shifter
20% window tint on sides

Upgraded stereo head unit to Alpine with iPod connection and upgraded speakers.

Clean carfax. Car has had body work done on both front fenders but panels are original, and they have not been removed from the car. (Car was parked and covered and bumped by another car).

Items that I am aware to be wrong with the car (factored into asking price):

Front hood struts need to be replaced, passenger mirror glass wobbles, convertible top motor needs replacement (has been converted to manual operation), climate control unit missing a button (existed when I purchased the car), cruise control does not work (did not work when I purchased the car), 2 or 3 bulbs on the 3rd brake light are out, driver door check needs replacement. Some of the paint looks tired at the rear of the car, and the front hood. I believe it's original.

Over the years I’ve repainted the bumpers, replaced the rubber seals on the front end of the car, clutch, tires, suspension, brakes, oil changed annually, replaced the windshield, replaced the stone guards on the back fenders, replaced the rear tail lights (all OEM parts), probably some other stuff too that doesn't come to mind.

I have most records on the car from new. I can produce them for an interested person.

The mechanical items were only maintained by TKXperformance
http://tkxperformance.com while under my ownership.

The body work was only performed by Jerome's Auto:
http://jeromesauto.com

I have lots of other, more detailed photos, I'll just post a few here.

Message me if you're interested!

1130595d1485793193-1995-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-993-polar-silver-_-20.jpg

1130596d1485793193-1995-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-993-polar-silver-_-23.jpg

1130597d1485793193-1995-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-993-polar-silver-_-29.jpg

1130598d1485793193-1995-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-993-polar-silver-_-44ps.jpg

1130600d1485793193-1995-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-993-polar-silver-_-56ps.jpg

1130599d1485793193-1995-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-993-polar-silver-_-46ps.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jaguar36
You missed one of the best selling points of your car: While almost all 993's (1995-1998) have the materially unimportant SAI issue, only the '95 year doesn't trigger CELs since '95s are the last year of OBD1 and OBD1 does not catch this minor issue. If I ever bought another 993 it would definitely be a '95 like yours.

Reactions: ecobon
As a long time PCA member and 993 owner ... don't do it!
You will regret selling the last of the air-cooled beauties... :cool:

I know this is might not be the crowd for this car, but I figured it couldn't hurt.
If you love engineering where form follows function, an air cooled Porsche has a similar philosophy to a Tesla.
I'm selling my beloved 911. It is currently on consignment in my friend's warehouse, but this is my personal car for the past almost 10 years. Asking $45,995.

I purchased the car in February 2007 from a PCA driving instructor (Rennlist member) at 60,000 miles approximately. (27000 miles driven in the last 10 years, mostly on clear temperate days). Otherwise covered or garaged. Always warmed up properly. It’s been my weekend car alongside my daily(at this point in time a P85). I unfortunately have to sell for an investment opportunity but will hopefully be back in a Porsche again soon. The 911 was my childhood dream car.

Right on the money ... the '95 is the one to buy and will continue to appreciate :cool:

You missed one of the best selling points of your car: While almost all 993's (1995-1998) have the materially unimportant SAI issue, only the '95 year doesn't trigger CELs since '95s are the last year of OBD1 and OBD1 does not catch this minor issue. If I ever bought another 993 it would definitely be a '95 like yours.

Reactions: ecobon
Thanks for the feedback and YES! that's one of the reasons I went with an OBD-1 '95 rather than the 96-98.

No SAI issues on this one!

I agree I might regret selling it later but I just don't use it enough. I put only 1500 miles on it in the past year.

I really only use it between 50-85 degrees on clear days here in NY and I just don't get enough use out of it.

I'm planning to use the money to flip a house and get back into a Porsche for the weekends once the house is sold.

We might be related... I have a polar silver 95 993 as well.. but a coupe not a cab... cant bear to part with it... probably drive it less than 500 miles per year (80K total miles) but I know what I have and I know it is going up in value on a regular basis. As much as I love my P85+ I might get buried in my 993...

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
We might be related... I have a polar silver 95 993 as well.. but a coupe not a cab... cant bear to part with it... probably drive it less than 500 miles per year (80K total miles) but I know what I have and I know it is going up in value on a regular basis. As much as I love my P85+ I might get buried in my 993...

As much as I agree with your feelings, I'm going to be a registered Architect in the next few months with a background in construction and need to strike while the iron is hot. As most successful people know, timing plays a significant role in things, and my time is fortunately or unfortunately now.

In my will, there is nothing with more stipulations surrounding it than the 993. hahaha