Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1k Refunds on FSD Start March 11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My vehicle configuration @ our November 2018 purchase says we purchased EAP for $5k. It says nothing of FSD. After purchase the FSD option shouwed up on my Tesla page and the price has changed from $3k to $2k. I assume the refund everyone is referring to is this FSD price change?

Some people bought what you see for $2k for $3k right after the announcement (before they updated the price). I believe that's the majority of the $1k refunds.

I'm starting to get a little annoyed. Recap: bought EAP with car last year, bought FSD upgrade on March 1 at $4400 CDN ($3k). Asked Tesla customer support to confirm that my account reflects that I will be getting the refund and when to expect it. Clearly they barely read my question.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Tesla! You will have the option to purchase Autopilot for $2,000 USD if you took delivery of your vehicle before 2/28/19 and to purchase Full self-Driving at the price of $3,000 USD if you did not purchase Enhanced Autopilot previously. If you already have purchased Enhanced Autopilot, Full Self-Driving would cost $2,000 USD.

Our developers are currently working on implementing all of these pricing changes onto your MyTesla account, and we appreciate your patience in the meantime. We will be issuing the $1,000 USD refunds by the end of this month.

Best Regards,

Bryce | Tesla Support

Also, you'll note that now the promised refund is 'by the end of the month'.

I too.... Got my car in May 2018...saw that it was 2K for me now on March 1...bought it..got charged 3K ..callled and they said oh yeah sorry..you will be refunded the 1K in 3-5 days back on your card... still waiting...no one answers the email address I was given...and on the phone has no clue now...grrrrrr

From the responses I was hearing, it was supposed to be done last week right? And now I'm hearing it's the end of this week?

Anyone have any concrete dates on when they expect the refunds to go out? They gave me a vague response when I asked for the status of this...

This thread is cluttered with irrelevant discussions regarding purchases prior to March 1, 2019 that should be moved to a different thread.
The OP is talking about a very specific group of people who had EAP (myself included) that on or after 3/1/19 purchased an FSD upgrade online for $3,000 instead the correct price of $2,000 because of an error or delay that occurred in updating pricing in Tesla’s system. That is all. Elon Musk confirmed this in the tweet below. I have spoken to customer service twice, and was assured I would get a refund both times. No idea when, just that it would probably be handled as a “batch” process. So I’m guessing someone needed to write the code to make it happen all at once for everyone who pulled the trigger early.

520C931C-F670-47C9-B371-F866FF35CD8D.png

Reactions: insaneoctane
I saw that Trevor from M3OC got his refund, but I think it's because he is high profile. No progress for me and I've been checking for my credit daily.

If you want to consistently get timely responses or reasonable treatment from Tesla when you have an issue, you need to have a substantial social media presence. If you don't have a check mark next to your name on twitter, lots of followers, or a huge youtube channel? Good luck, because luck is what's going to determine the outcome.

I'm surprised how long it takes them to issue refunds... I've seen companies issue refunds within a span of 3 days. It's not hard to query a database to see who made the purchase for $3k USD vs $2k USD and then issue refunds for those customers.

I'm surprised how long it takes them to issue refunds... I've seen companies issue refunds within a span of 3 days. It's not hard to query a database to see who made the purchase for $3k USD vs $2k USD and then issue refunds for those customers.

It took 2 months to get a refund for my Tesla store RMA. It also took 2 months for a supercharger fee refund (had FUSC).