Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does car with FSD transferred end up with? EAP or??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Im looking to sell my 2018 M3 private party and transfer FSD to a new car.

I was one of the people that bought FSD for 3k back in 2019. The purchase included upgrading to enhanced autopilot From basic. If I transfer FSD will the car keep EAP or does it revert to standard autopilot? Trying to make sure I tell any prospective buyer the right thing.

Hi All,

I was one of the people that bought FSD for 3k back in 2019. The purchase included upgrading to enhanced autopilot From basic. If I transfer FSD will the car keep EAP or does it revert to standard autopilot? Trying to make sure I tell any prospective buyer the right thing.
Mine reverted to standard Autopilot after FSD was removed. Purchased in Nov 2018 with EAP and added FSD during one of the sales.

Hi All,

Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 7.07.15 AM.png

• Helpful
Reactions: TresLA
I purchased my 2018 Model 3 with Enhanced Autopilot ($5000) and FSD ($3000). I just purchased a Model Y (Long-Range and AWD) and transferred my FSD from my Model 3 to the Model Y. The Model Y was delivered yesterday, August 2nd. You have to be patient to wait for Tesla to transfer the FSD. After Tesla transfer the FSD, then they will be able to provide you with an updated Order Statement. The updated statement will have $15,500 removed ($500 referral/loyalty bonus and $15,000 FSD fee).

HERE'S THE BAD NEWS:
After my FSD was removed from my Model 3 and transferred to my new Model Y, I just realized I completely lost the Enhanced Autopilot features I paid $5000 for. The Enhanced Autopilot did not transfer to the Model Y and it is no longer available on my Model 3. Tesla should allow customers to transfer their paid Enhanced Autopilot features along with all the FSD features.

.....HERE'S THE BAD NEWS:
After my FSD was removed from my Model 3 and transferred to my new Model Y, I just realized I completely lost the Enhanced Autopilot features I paid $5000 for. The Enhanced Autopilot did not transfer to the Model Y and it is no longer available on my Model 3. Tesla should allow customers to transfer their paid Enhanced Autopilot features along with all the FSD features.
This is an incorrect understanding. Enhanced AP is not a different features package from FSD Capability. In order to have FSD Capability you must first have all the Enhanced AP features. So FSD Capability is Enhanced AP features PLUS added features to equal FSD Capability. There is no way to keep Enhanced AP and transfer only the FSD Capability part since FSD Capability needs Enhanced AP features first.

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 7.01.05 AM.png

Last edited:
I purchased my 2018 Model 3 with Enhanced Autopilot ($5000) and FSD ($3000). I just purchased a Model Y (Long-Range and AWD) and transferred my FSD from my Model 3 to the Model Y. The Model Y was delivered yesterday, August 2nd. You have to be patient to wait for Tesla to transfer the FSD. After Tesla transfer the FSD, then they will be able to provide you with an updated Order Statement. The updated statement will have $15,500 removed ($500 referral/loyalty bonus and $15,000 FSD fee).

HERE'S THE BAD NEWS:
Hi...I am thinking to trade my M3 and transfer FSD. Just curious how much trade in value between FSD and without FSD (transfer) is. Like how much did you lose if you decide to transfer. For mine, the trade in value is 21-22K WITH FSD.

Hi...I am thinking to trade my M3 and transfer FSD. Just curious how much trade in value between FSD and without FSD (transfer) is. Like how much did you lose if you decide to transfer. For mine, the trade in value is 21-22K WITH FSD.
No one here can say for certain and unless you got the trade in offer recently it may be different by now anyway. But to get the exact amount just submit trade in with FSD transferred to Tesla and see what they say and you will have the answer.

Hi All,

As mentioned it goes to standard autopilot, basically like most modern cars have. Adaptive cruise, and lane keep. The parking sensors still work as normal collision detection devices. If you had premium connectivity for life it stays with the 3 I believe.

Hi All,

Actually, didn't you pay $3K for FSD and $5K for EAP when you bought your car, for a total of $8K? That is what I paid for mine in 2018. When you transfer (and remove) the FSD from your 2018 M3 it also transfers (and removes) the EAP from your M3. At least, that's what happened to me. I argued that I bought them separately and that only FSD should transfer, to no avail. They said EAP was just a part of FSD, and both would be removed.

However, they don't remove the updated hardware computer I got to be able to use FSD, so yes, your new buyer can repurchase EAP or subscribe/purchase FSD on the model 3 you sold them.