Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1k Refunds on FSD Start March 11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked again where is the refund, and the only response was "I apologize I have not received any information." I assume Tesla Customer Support team is pretty clueless at the moment about what is going to happen and when.

A follow up question resulted in the following final response: "I'm sorry, this request is processed through another team. Unfortunately there is not an ETA at this time."

Last edited:
Grrrr I got a different story today... I purchased on March 1st in the afternoon. Called March 5th and asked why I was charged 3k and not 2k. I am LR RWD and bought EAP with car back in April of 2018. They confirmed they over charged me and told me 3-5 days. That turned into next week. That turned into they would be processed March 11. And today when I called I was told it was a glitch and that they were processed March 18th and I would see it in 3 weeks. LOL I may or may not have heard the Tesla rep tell me to file a CC dispute just in case. That takes 6 weeks with AMEX. So I did. Figured if it does come in the next 3 weeks I can call AMEX and close the dispute.

I just now put in a dispute with my credit card. Tesla needs to act fast, or they will get bonked chargeback fees.
The dispute amount was $1K, not the full $3K paid.
I'm just tired of waiting, and wanted to get the dispute in before the card payment due date.
Tesla needs to get off their ass on this...

I just now put in a dispute with my credit card. Tesla needs to act fast, or they will get bonked chargeback fees.
The dispute amount was $1K, not the full $3K paid.
I'm just tired of waiting, and wanted to get the dispute in before the card payment due date.
Tesla needs to get off their ass on this...
I'm tempted to do the same... I might give them one more week....

I sent another ticket threatening a partial chargeback, hoping to get a response. I've sent email/responses every other day since March 13th, with no response... If no response by Friday, I'll card my bank, explain the circumstances behind it.

I already did the chargeback. AMEX for me said 3 weeks I have to submit the pdf of the charge. Sooo I'm delaying that until the last day just in case we get a check as promised within 3 weeks from March 18th.

Just be happy you got the temporarily lowered price and be patient for a refund. If you screw around with the order too much, don’t be shocked if you end up getting the whole transaction credited back and the order cancelled entirely with your only option of replacing your order at today’s price.

We'll see, I bought by mistake as it only requires 2 clicks on smartphone. Everytime I asked for a full refund and to remove fsd, they have an excuse saying it is part of the car configuration now and is non refundable.

Just be happy you got the temporarily lowered price and be patient for a refund. If you screw around with the order too much, don’t be shocked if you end up getting the whole transaction credited back and the order cancelled entirely with your only option of replacing your order at today’s price.