Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1up USA Bike Rack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who have the super duty or quik rack and hitch extender, how far does the rack now sit from the bumper? My guess is around 5".

Would be nice to come up with a solution that's more than a few mm but less than 5". Seems like 1.25" quick rack plus hitch reducer may help enable that by letting the rack sit in deeper.

I'm also interested in ordering the 1UP to Toronto, Canada. I was wondering your experience with shipping and customs duties paid? Thanks!
I think I got lucky. It got here fast (a week) and no extra fees at the door. For the platform rack it was a great experience. I also ordered two roof racks after I got the platform rack and those seem to be taking forever (ordered on March 12th and still no tracking number).

I ended up going with the Kuat Transfer V2 2-bike platform bike. Used it yesterday and it worked well. Bikes are very stable as is the rack. Very easy to install and remove. Weighs about 37 pounds. My son actually got the single-bike version of this. I also modified the hitch cover ala Living Tesla while I had it off.

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

I ended up going with the Kuat Transfer V2 2-bike platform bike. Used it yesterday and it worked well. Bikes are very stable as is the rack. Very easy to install and remove. Weighs about 37 pounds. My son actually got the single-bike version of this. I also modified the hitch cover ala Living Tesla while I had it off.

.View attachment 652102
View attachment 652103
View attachment 652104
Very nice rack, but not compatible with bikes that have fenders. The tire-hook securing method is common in most racks, which preclude fenders. The frame securing method like the Hollywood Sportrider SE works for any bike (step through bikes need the optional bar to secure).

I point this out because many people don't realize their fendered bikes won't work with most platform racks.

Have hitch! Will travel! But the locking pin won’t fit around the electrical trailer - fits but can’t insert or remove key, so wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to what kind of locking pin they used for the pre installed Tesla’s hitch?

Have hitch! Will travel! But the locking pin won’t fit around the electrical trailer - fits but can’t insert or remove key, so wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to what kind of locking pin they used for the pre installed Tesla’s hitch?
That depends on what type of pin your rack uses. I am using a Rocky Mounts rack with a threaded anti-rattle pin, so I have to use their pin. There is no way to get the pin in from the left nor to get the key out of the lock with the pin coming in from the right.

Their bolt looks like this: Hitch Bolt- MonoRail/BackStage/SplitRail/WestSlope

I bought this Curt pin and lock - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VTJMBZZ - and while the end of the Curt pin is slightly larger than the end of the Rocky Mounts pin, it is close enough that the lock works, and since it is a right angle lock there is no interference between the brake light connector and the key.

So depending on the pin size and type there may be something out there that will work. If you have a non-threaded pin there are probably a lot more options. I was lucky the one I found was a close enough match to work.

Reactions: Steezynickel
That depends on what type of pin your rack uses. I am using a Rocky Mounts rack with a threaded anti-rattle pin, so I have to use their pin. There is no way to get the pin in from the left nor to get the key out of the lock with the pin coming in from the right.

Their bolt looks like this: Hitch Bolt- MonoRail/BackStage/SplitRail/WestSlope

I bought this Curt pin and lock - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VTJMBZZ - and while the end of the Curt pin is slightly larger than the end of the Rocky Mounts pin, it is close enough that the lock works, and since it is a right angle lock there is no interference between the brake light connector and the key.

So depending on the pin size and type there may be something out there that will work. If you have a non-threaded pin there are probably a lot more options. I was lucky the one I found was a close enough match to work.
Thanks @Alan_F, that looks perfect but for me using 1UpUSA brand bike rack the size of pin needs to be about 3/8 diameter.