Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Please check out the latest TMC Podcast (#13) where we discussed new Model Y launches, Tesla improving service, nationwide EV charging expansion, and viewer comments from previous episodes YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

2/24 CVRP Deadline Question

Hello,

Regarding the new CVRP guidelines, do I need to take delivery by 2/24 to qualify for the CVRP? If I placed my order today (M3 LR), I wouldn't qualify for the $2000 CVRP credit since I realistically won't take delivery until April/May, correct? Or do they mean it as I need to place an order before 2/24?

How often do CVRP program requirements change? | Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

"For Tesla and other vehicles ordered without a standard purchase/lease agreement, the date of first vehicle registration will be considered the date of purchase or lease. Applicants submitting a rebate application post-purchase must have taken delivery of their vehicle before submitting an application."

I'm 99% certain the last sentence answers the question, but I want to be 100% sure.

Thanks.

Your delivery date will be your eligibility date for CVRP. What part of the 2/24 update are you concerned about? The income limit or the vehicle MSRP? From what I've read around, CA is still considering the Model 3 to be within the MSRP income limit since the base line item for the Model 3 is still below $45,000 (LR AWD option is a separate line item).

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC