Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2/24 CVRP Deadline Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Regarding the new CVRP guidelines, do I need to take delivery by 2/24 to qualify for the CVRP? If I placed my order today (M3 LR), I wouldn't qualify for the $2000 CVRP credit since I realistically won't take delivery until April/May, correct? Or do they mean it as I need to place an order before 2/24?

How often do CVRP program requirements change? | Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

"For Tesla and other vehicles ordered without a standard purchase/lease agreement, the date of first vehicle registration will be considered the date of purchase or lease. Applicants submitting a rebate application post-purchase must have taken delivery of their vehicle before submitting an application."

I'm 99% certain the last sentence answers the question, but I want to be 100% sure.

Thanks.

Your delivery date will be your eligibility date for CVRP. What part of the 2/24 update are you concerned about? The income limit or the vehicle MSRP? From what I've read around, CA is still considering the Model 3 to be within the MSRP income limit since the base line item for the Model 3 is still below $45,000 (LR AWD option is a separate line item).