Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2,522 for Model 3 18" OEM tires.. is that right ? [quote by tesla was 2 sets of tires]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, that doesn't sound right. The MXM4s we're about $250-265ish from Tesla last time I checked. Perhaps supply chain wonkiness has increased the price, but that sounds like double.

Check the forums... there are enough people replacing the wheels in a brand new M3 that you should be able to find a good deal here. I bought 4 brand new MXM4s with RIMs and AERO CAPs, shipped across the country for $1100. That was a few months ago. The owner drove his brand new M3 home 40 miles and replaced the wheels. You'll still need road force balancing though.

Keep in mind Tesla will send you an estimate in advance, even if they're not sure what the issue is. If you created a service ticket for excessive road noise, for instance, you might get an estimate like that. Do you actually need new tires?

Thanks all .. crazy quote solved. Finally got to talk to a human at local tesla service. Turns out the estimate in the app includes 2 sets of tires because they dont know if i want the Michelin PS4 or the MXM so they include both in the estimate. ( even though the estimate does not say 8 tires .. it just says approve $2522 or cancel.. ) Any opinions on PS4 vs MXM ? Im in FL, I dont care about snow .. mostly noise is priority.

Thanks all .. crazy quote solved. Finally got to talk to a human at local tesla service. Turns out the estimate in the app includes 2 sets of tires because they dont know if i want the Michelin PS4 or the MXM so they include both in the estimate. ( even though the estimate does not say 8 tires .. it just says approve $2522 or cancel.. ) Any opinions on PS4 vs MXM ? Im in FL, I dont care about snow .. mostly noise is priority.
PS4 will have much more grip, MXM will have much more range, and probably be more comfortable and quieter too.

Costco. Michelins are on sale now: $150 off set of 4. Have been happy for the last 12 years with them. Free lifetime balance and rotation at any Costco.

Reactions: gotoma8