Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Model Ss - How to Keep from Confusing the Keys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was hoping there was a way to have the keys programmed to work on both cars, but that does not sound possible.

As an alternative, how do others identify their keys? We will be adding a second Model S to the family (at least for now). I like to have my key as is without anything on it. My wife keeps hers in the Tesla case that came with the car.

Also, I noticed when we had a demo car that when I press the button on the charger cable the charge port (on both cars) opens. Even if the second one is parked outside.

• Love
Reactions: andylyonette
As an alternative, how do others identify their keys? We will be adding a second Model S to the family (at least for now). I like to have my key as is without anything on it. My wife keeps hers in the Tesla case that came with the car.

I have this silicone fob cover (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KY98S2O/) and love it. It comes in different colors which would make it easy to tell the keys apart (unless both of your cars are the same color). If you want to keep the key mostly as-is, though, I would probably opt for a small sticker on the bottom.

Reactions: Tech_Guy
Duct tape. Ok, maybe not.

Should I be fortunate enough to have multiple Model S, i would have different fob covers for each. Different in terms of tactility. One leather, one silicone. When the fob is in my pocket or it's dark out, I won't know what colour it is.

I have had the same car several times before including two Model S. I always take some touch-up paint and apply it to the fobs if your cars are different colors. Last time I was at the SC, I borrowed some touch-up paint to have them do it for me.