Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 weeks Model 3 someone rear end me onto traffic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got Model 3 delivered 3 weeks ago, went on vacation, basically drove it for 2 weeks.

Vancouver driver decides not to stop at merging , almost rear ends me onto another red car going at like 40mph?.
Dude asked me why I stopped? LOL

Dashcam is amazing.

back view

front view

left side view, almost hit the car coming from the hill,

I feel your pain. Walked out to my car yesterday morning to find this. Fortunately the driver left a note. I feel sorry for her as she was a single mother distracted by her 3 kids while leaving our parking garage. When I first saw it I thought for sure it was some drunk driver or something. Going to be costly for her insurance as I need a new bumper, foam behind bumper, sensors, PPF replaced and the carbon diffuser. Bummer nonetheless.
040FCC4D-3740-4975-AA7D-6019B217B122.jpeg

@webbah nice of her leaving a note, looks like she mistaken reverse and drive (don't ask me how i know, my wife did the same with our AMG last month LOL). Did your dashcam capture the impact?
Actually I don’t typically use Sentry in our garage and have been using the kill switch to disable my Blackvues. It’s a very secure parking garage. Worst case is I would have been able to request video from the parking security cameras and there is one just above and in front of my parking spot.

She was actually driving and one of her kids was screaming for chocolate and she turned her head. She hit the car going rather fast as you can see my car was shifted diagonally in the space from impact.