Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20" tire help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning Cole. Can you recommend a quiet all season tire for my 3 with 19 inch sport wheels. It’s early for me as the car is only a month old.
Just thinking down the road. I’m in MA.
Do you swap out to winter tires? Honistly I think the MXM4 that came with our 18” Aeros is a really good tire and quiet. An older version of it was on our 2004 MB e 4matic. Over the years we put 4 of sets of whatever the current model has been on that car as our summer tire. My wife deals with studded tires all winter but really likes a quiet ride and she has been happy with it. Our son drives that car now and it’s still a good tire. Also for conti I was surprised that Tesla put the ProContact not the PureContact on the OEM 19”. A guy I play golf with owns the largest independent tire shop in the state. He’s always been a Michelin fan and is 100% Nokian for winter tires. I’ll ask him what he thinks.

Last edited:
Do you swap out to winter tires? Honistly I think the MXV4 that came with our 18” Aeros is a really good tire and quiet. An older version of it was on our 2004 MB e 4matic. Over the years we put 4 of sets of whatever the current model has been on that car as our summer tire. My wife deals with studded tires all winter but really likes a quiet ride and she has been happy with it. Our son drives that car now and it’s still a good tire. Also for conti I was surprised that Tesla put the ProContact not the PureContact on the OEM 19”. A guy I play golf with owns the largest independent tire shop in the state. He’s always been a Michelin fan and is 100% Nokian for winter tires. I’ll ask him what he thinks.
Thanks very much. Appreciate your thoughts.

Congrats on the wheel purchase. Which 20" Tsportline wheel did you get? As mentioned above multiple times, buy the Michelins specifically designed for the Tesla. Although I've never experienced the Michelins mentioned above, I'm sure Tesla and Michelin worked hard to ensure the best balance of performance and quietness.

Being told to buy smaller diameter wheels after you've made your purchase is likely not all too helpful.

I went with the 20"TSS in Space Gray and the Tesla spec 235/35/20 Michelin PS4.

Reactions: dfwatt