Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20'' Wheel Upgrade Not Detected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I upgraded to 20'' wheels from my 18'' aeros a few months back but never received the notification about it detecting the new wheel size. I reused the original TPMS sensors and they seem to show the correct tire pressure. I tried going through the TPMS reset option but still nothing.

So two questions.

1) Have others received the new wheel size detection when upgrading from 18'' aeros using the existing TPMS?
2) What effects if any would there be on range & performance if it doesn't recognize the new wheel size?

I'm guessing it's supposed to detect the wheel size in order to perform some recalculation of sorts? Why else would it ask you to confirm the change as I've seen others mention. :confused:

This is what i've seen online and others have confirmed the tire size prompt. Wondering if others received the prompt when they transferred the same TPMS on different sized wheels. Or if this prompt only shows on new TPMS.

Tesla TPMS Relearn Procedure
  1. Ensure all tires are inflated to placard pressure
  2. Get in car, making sure all doors and the trunk are closed
  3. Turn vehicle on
  4. On center screen select "Controls"
  5. Select "Settings"
  6. Select "Service and Reset"
  7. Select "Tire Pressure Monitor"
  8. Select "Reset Sensors"
  9. Select the tire size
  10. Drive for at least 10 minutes above 20 mph so vehicle can learn the new sensor ID numbers, or if this is after a rotation, learn where the old ones are now repositioned

Reactions: 03DSG