Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2008 Roadster won't move SAGA CONTINUES

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 423825 View attachment 423825 The Roadster has been at Tesla Paramus, NJ for a month now and everything seems to be hush hush on their side. 2 weeks ago i was told that the car needed an $1100 board that will solve the problem possibly 70% and 30% that it wouldn't. Regardless, I would be responsible to pay. For the next week I was told that the part was being programmed into the car. Next , I was being told that the Roadster had been elevated to the master technician and team. Nothing since then. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. They are pretty much impossible to get to respond. DOES ANYON KNOW OF A RELIABLE NUMBER/EMAIL ADDRESS to get in touch with someone that might be knowledgable????

I've previously heard that their service was bad-now I know it

Thanks,
Bruce

The only reliable way I know of to get someone in Tesla to "talk" to you is via their on-line chat, which itself is iffy. Browser dependent (didn't work from Firefox; Chrome ok). tesla.com/support at the bottom of the page. That doesn't mean they know anything more, in fact probably less, but they at least have some access to the internal systems and the service centers.

Maybe best at this point to take a ride and have someone answer questions in person as I am sure you are very frustrated.
I have not interacted with the Paramus site yet, but from the experience I had at Springfield so far, the techs are really great to talk with.
It seems many roadsters are in for "beyond routine" service in NJ. Mine is awaiting its turn, hopefully it goes smoothly...

Reactions: dhrivnak
Thanks to you both for the input- I called the Tesla phone number and actually got someone after a 6 min wait- unfortunately they could not/would not help because they had no record of the car being in my name- so I gave them what they wanted and am waiting for their approval??

I finally heard back from Paramus- they are NOT installing the module as of yet because there are only 2 in the country and they don't want to waste it in case it won't fix the problem???? They are waiting for a GEAR SELECTOR to arrive from the Netherlands and will TRY that first??? I think that those of us in the tristate area are in for a bit of frustration with the lack of knowledge of the dealers with the Roadster. Of course, there was no mention of when the part is expected

I will keep everyone informed as we go forward.

ion-1 is your car going to paramus??? is it maintenance or something else??

Going to springfield as usual. Much closer and have had great experiences with the roadster techs so far.
Error #981 (a couple of threads below yours).
First significant issue I have had since owning car, so we will see how this turns out also...

Let us know how you do with the gear selector, hope it works.

View attachment 423825 View attachment 423825 The Roadster has been at Tesla Paramus, NJ for a month now and everything seems to be hush hush on their side. 2 weeks ago i was told that the car needed an $1100 board that will solve the problem possibly 70% and 30% that it wouldn't.
I can't seem to view your attachments. Are they set to private?

What is the problem with your Roadster?

View attachment 423825 View attachment 423825 The Roadster has been at Tesla Paramus, NJ for a month now and everything seems to be hush hush on their side. 2 weeks ago i was told that the car needed an $1100 board that will solve the problem possibly 70% and 30% that it wouldn't. Regardless, I would be responsible to pay. For the next week I was told that the part was being programmed into the car. Next , I was being told that the Roadster had been elevated to the master technician and team. Nothing since then. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. They are pretty much impossible to get to respond. DOES ANYON KNOW OF A RELIABLE NUMBER/EMAIL ADDRESS to get in touch with someone that might be knowledgable????

I've previously heard that their service was bad-now I know it

Thanks,
Bruce
Look at the May 21st thread- "2008 Roadster won't move
I can't seem to view your attachments. Are they set to private?

What is the problem with your Roadster?
Look at the May 21st thread "2008 Roadster won't move" I screwed up on the attachments- they're not important
Thaks for your inquiry
Bruce

Your experience makes me not want to bring mine to Paramus for the annual service. Well if you have Roadster withdrawal hit me up and we can grab a beer or something!
Yes, I'm not sure that they know what they're doing- I have no idea when I will see my car again!! AND if it will be running. Will have to stop by there next week some time. I know that there's another dealer in Mt Kisco but know nothing about them. May pay to go and talk to them and go there with your roadster. When I brought mine to paramus for the first time to get keys made, the entire place emptied out to see it and only one employee had ever seen one before. Certainly their communication is *sugar*. And I'm definitely getting the run around

If you haven't been there before-think I'd try Mt Kisco- can't be worse

As far as a beer goes- sounds like a good idea-- I'm in the midst of haymaking at the moment but maybe friday/sat if the rain comes again
Call me 845 986-2452 ans machine will say that you've reached "Danehawk" w/c is the farm name
Cheers!
Bruce

sorry for the delay but I've been waiting to hear from Paramus. Got a text last week that the circuit board that takes the info from the shifter was bad and that it was going to be rebuilt in Ca but the person that does this was on vacation. Yesterday found out that it WAS NOT going to be rebuilt and need to get a new one from the Netherlands. Supposedly there are 206 of these there and Tesla USA is getting 50 of them that will arrive next week late. Then Paramus can over nite one. Good luck to me.
KNOW ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BUY A ROADSTER?? I all ready have one prima donna car (the first car that I ever owned is a 67 Firebird) and I don't need another. STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER