Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2010 Roadster 2.5 - vin 1135 68k miles - $62.5k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jasonhi

Roadster 2.5 #1135
May 1, 2010
Bothell, WA
2010 Tesla Roadster 2.4 vin 1135
  • Base model 2.5 (not a Roadster sport)
  • Fusion red / black leather interior
  • silver sport model wheels
  • ~68,200 miles
  • Battery: 138.37 CAC, 210 mile range charge, 163 mile standard charge (original battery, no repairs needed)
  • Chargers included: 220v and 110v mobile chargers; HCSharp's SR CAN adapter (allows charging from Tesla chargers & can be used in combination w/ Telsa's $95 1772 adapter for the S/X/3 (not included buy at SAE J1772 Charging Adapter) to charge from J1773 chargers). Please note: Tesla Roadsters cannot charge at Tesla superchargers
  • Removable soft top only
  • Upgrades: Tesla HID headlights, Carbon fiber door sills, and aftermarket sound deadening to reduce road noise
  • Repairs: PEM rebuilt about 1.5 years ago (should be good for a long time now as it has better insulating material), A/C just repaired. These cars are incredibly low maintenance
  • Paint and interior in very good condition (especially for a 9 year old daily driver). Just received a ceramic paint coating. There are a few small rock chips/nicks
  • Other Accessories: Tesla car cover
  • Annual service just completed, no issues
  • Tires: rears have lots of tread, fronts are serviceable, but nearing the end of their life (I generally replace the fronts every other time I replace the rears)
  • 3rd owner (I believe): purchased in April 2012 with about 7500 miles on it. Tesla apparently leased the car and ended up with it back within a few months for some reason, then sold it to the guy I purchased from. I purchased this car to replace vin 1124 which I purchased new in Dec 2010 and totaled in April 2012.
I've driven a roadster as a daily driver from Dec 2010 until Sept 2018 when I started dropping my toddler off for school on my way to work twice a week. This year it's 3x per week, and we now have two kids, so the Roadster basically can't get driven more than about 2 days a week. It's time for someone else to enjoy this amazing car!

PM or e-mail: [email protected]. Located in Bothell, WA (suburb of Seattle). Will consider reasonable offers.
IMG_9857.jpg
IMG_1020.jpg
IMG_2100.jpg
IMG_2100 2.jpg
IMG_0623.jpg
IMG_0830.jpg
IMG_7481.jpg
IMG_9021.jpg
IMG_6406.jpg
IMG_5014.jpg

IMG_9857.jpgIMG_1020.jpg IMG_2100.jpgIMG_2100 2.jpgIMG_0623.jpgIMG_0830.jpgIMG_7481.jpgIMG_9021.jpgIMG_6406.jpgIMG_5014.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Sig72
Is the 3.0 battery upgrade still possible?

The 3.0 upgrade is currently unavailable from Tesla as far as I know. I have to hope/think that they will eventually come out with a replacement battery option for the roadsters again otherwise they are all going to be unusable eventually -- unless someone outside Tesla figures out how to hand assemble new sheets for the batteries / remanufacture sheets. All possible, but also pure speculation at this point I assume.

The 3.0 upgrade is currently unavailable from Tesla as far as I know. I have to hope/think that they will eventually come out with a replacement battery option for the roadsters again otherwise they are all going to be unusable eventually -- unless someone outside Tesla figures out how to hand assemble new sheets for the batteries / remanufacture sheets. All possible, but also pure speculation at this point I assume.
Thanks. Given the nature of the OG roadster I figured it wouldn't be a ongoing thing, but you are correct that they will have to figure something out at some point regarding those batteries.

Sale pending at $55,000 as of 2/11/20.

For other Roadster owners reference, I listed it on auto trader on 1/25/20 for $58,983. I got about 4 inquiries off the ad, two of which were very serious and negotiated on price. One never replied to my initial email response. The fourth wasn't ready to purchase right away with multiple other parties interested in the car. And I got another serious lead after a sale agreement was in the works but not clear that was through the ad. The last lead came through Carl Medlock. I'm not sure if he saw the ad on auto trader or Carl just pointed him towards my car.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak and Fiver