TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2012 P90 $47k OBO

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by tyson, May 9, 2018.

1. tyson

tyson Member

Recently upgraded to a 90Kwhr battery pack. Always garaged and well kept. Free supercharging, sound studio package and tech package. Has CPO warranty until 1/15/2020 or 99684 Miles and battery/power train until 12/27/2020. Some minor paint flaws that are shown in the pictures. Carbon fiber wrapped nose cone. The lift gate paint will be fixed prior to sale, if it goes for full price I will have the area by the front passenger rim done and a 3 stage correction done as well. It goes in for the 87,500 mile service soon so it will be good as new after all is done! Has the 21" Axis Allies wheels shown in the pictures as well as the 19" wheels with TPMS sensors, no tires on the 19's currently. Have two spare 21" wheels but they have a bit of rash on them. Has both carpet and all weather mats for the front/rear seating areas. The car also had the DU replaced, P Rev, prior to me getting it. Selling due to change in job, deploying for a year or so and no use in it sitting around while I am gone. Plus I can upgrade when I return! ;)

I welcome any feedback, good or bad that is constructive in helping me sell the vehicle.

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  2. Cfinck

Cfinck Member

Looks super clean. Glws! Had no idea it was possible to upgrade older models to newer battery packs.

3. tyson

tyson Member

Thanks! It was a warranty deal. Although the SC seemed to indicate that in certain cases they can do it but you have to pay full price for the new battery and they keep the old one. So while they don't explicitly say no, they make you pay through the nose for it.

4. tyson

tyson Member

Forgot to put this in the first post. 90% range is 259 rated miles and 100% range is 287 rated miles. So guaranteed to be the highest range rear drive P model you can get.

5. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Active Member

Careful what you claim, someone here built a P100. :D

• Like x 3
  6. tyson

tyson Member

Yes, but Jason's car is not under factory warranty! ;) And if you want it worked on you will have to do it yourself or drive to his shop in Hickory, NC.

7. tyson

tyson Member

8. DanCar

DanCar Member

How was the battery upgraded? Can that be done for my car? :)

9. tyson

tyson Member

See above, warranty issue with the original pack. Also see this thread...
    2012 P85 Pack Replacement

10. jimtelsa

jimtelsa Member

i picked my P90 up several months ago
    Couldnt be happier I got 291 miles first and only time i did a 100% charge
    Previous owner took his car in for routine service and when he picked it up they said they noticed a battery issue and replaced with a 90 pack as the 85 were not available.
    I thought I was the only one.
    Once you go 90 you never go back
    PS thats a great deal, somebody is going to be very happy

• Informative x 1
  11. DrMike

DrMike Member

What's up with the paint by the rear license plate? Did something scrape it off or did it just start peeling there?

12. Ketchups

Ketchups Member

Wow, I hope they run out of 90kW packs and start offering 100kW packs :D

• Like x 1
  13. tyson

tyson Member

Previous owner had a sticker or something on it and it just hadn't bugged me enough to leave it with the shop for 1-2 weeks to get it fixed. Goes for estimate/repair today though so whoever ends up with it won't have to worry about it. Using a Tesla certified shop too so should get done right.

14. DrMike

DrMike Member

Hm, if a car with a 60kwh battery needs it replaced, would they put in a 75 kwh and software limit it to 60 kwh?

15. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Active Member

Most likely. Unless they have a refurb older 60 pack lying around.

16. DrMike

DrMike Member

And would they then allow that person to software unlock for $2k? :)

That would be sweet.

17. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Active Member

No clue if they would allow that.

18. mrneef

mrneef Member

Great deal. Wheels for sale lmk if they are. GLWS

19. r0bgj

r0bgj Member

intersted :)

20. tyson

tyson Member

Which set? I have someone coming through to look at the car on Thursday morning but am not sure yet if they are 100% ready to buy and what they would want included if so.