Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 battery healing itself?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is on my 199,000 mile car I got a month ago with the 018 BMS code It wouldn't charge to more than 25 to 30 miles range and had a red charge port when charging finished. About a week ago, it would sometimes charge to 32 miles and afterwards the charge port has always been green when finished. That's an improvement, I guess. Now, this morning after having it plugged in to 110V since last night starting at 11 miles range, is now showing 50 miles range (and still charging). How is that possible and what is going on?

If the other charging was done at a Supercharger of DC source, it goes thru the onboard charger as DC. When using the mobile charger or an AC source, the onboard charger converts this to DC. Perhaps your onboard charger is defective.
That’s a good point. Take it to a Tesla Supercharger, if you haven’t already, and see what happens.

The Supercharger will bypass the cars charging system. That and 120v charging with low amps has its issues.

All charging done at home.
At my hangar I have a 120v 15a breaker and I’m about 200’ from the breaker box. FREE CHARGING, I thought and bought a mobile charger. The car is reporting 12a and it charges at 2mph, when my refrigerator kicks on it goes to 1mph or none at all. What little power I get is used up by the fans running while charging. Once the charging port changed to red.

Last week I was gone for five days leaving my MY in the hangar with a 40% charge. I didn’t plug in the mobile charger because I don’t think the wear and tear on the charging system isn’t worth it.