Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Annual Shareholders Meeting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got an idea, why don't we stop doxxing people and grow up? None of the comments about this guy are acceptable. Move on.

Meh, if you don't want to be publicly commented on don't publicly promote yourself as a super genius, especially with no evidence supporting said genius. Over all the QA session was really poor, he was just the worst of it. I would recommend written questions only in the future, screened to weed out the garbage.

Meh, if you don't want to be publicly commented on don't publicly promote yourself as a super genius, especially with no evidence supporting said genius. Over all the QA session was really poor, he was just the worst of it. I would recommend written questions only in the future, screened to weed out the garbage.

Prescreen questions is a very bad idea for corporate governance ... Especially if shareholders are in disagreement w/ management .

The guy traveled to site, stood in line, and asked a question he cared about, as is his right as a shareholder. If u want "better" questions, get in line and ask your own questions next year.

Time is limited, and wasted on crap "questions", especially when they are just pointless self promotion. His question meant other questions were not asked, and they could have been the type of question to which you referred, or at least relevant.

When this guy started talking crazy I got real nervous hoping the guy next to him holding the microphone was security and keeping a close eye on his hands to make sure no gun would get pulled out. There are tons of schizophrenics out there who probably think Elon is God or the Devil...he needs top of the line presidential type security going forward for any public appearances in my opinion....it's not just these crazy people but also some powerful people and organizations who know their money/business is at risk with Elon and Tesla continuing on its path...

I am just curious if there is any screening for guns at these events. The likelihood of gun related incidents in US is quite high due to gun culture. The person that spoke at the event is clearly troubled. Elon publicly dismissed his offer so I am very worried how is that person likely to process what happened.

Powerful people and organizations do not need to use guns. Gun is a power equalizer, so people that feel lacking in power are more likely to use it.

Last edited:
Prescreen questions is a very bad idea for corporate governance ... Especially if shareholders are in disagreement w/ management .

The guy traveled to site, stood in line, and asked a question he cared about, as is his right as a shareholder. If u want "better" questions, get in line and ask your own questions next year.

I can't believe I am going to agree on this one point with you:biggrin:.....but I agree. Prescreening questions may allow for either the deliberate or appearance that some tough questions about corporate governance never get to see the light of day. I was very frustrated with the job seeker and the people concerned about not being able to buy apparel or wanted better 'stuff' sold in the galleries. After thinking about it, anyone (including myself) who did not show up and get in line to ask a question is partially responsible for due diligence questions not being asked.

Time is limited, and wasted on crap "questions", especially when they are just pointless self promotion. His question meant other questions were not asked, and they could have been the type of question to which you referred, or at least relevant.
Actually, his first question was relevant. I seem to recall discussions on this board about Elon's plans, with some speculating that he may leave Tesla to focus on SpaceX sooner than later. Had he stopped there, it would have been one of the better questions of the session. Of course, in light of what he said next, it looks like that was only the setup for his offer to serve as vice-something or other, or CEO.

Edit: I see now that you explicitly referred to the self-promotion, so nevermind.

I really wish someone asked a question about stationary battery storage. I really would have liked to hear more from Elon about it. I would have also liked to hear something about battery swap and when the next big surge of supercharges will come online.

And even though I'm 2,500 miles away, I really felt the awkwardness in that room when that guy was talking about he was a suuuuper genius. Man, I beg of any of you reading to not ask Elon for jobs at shareholder meetings in the future, including vice chairman of the board. (WTF?) It's not going to work out and it's awkward for all involved.

I am just curious if there is any screening for guns at these events. The likelihood of gun related incidents in US is quite high due to gun culture. The person that spoke at the event is clearly troubled. Elon publicly dismissed his offer so I am very worried how is that person likely to process what happened.

If he's truly a genius, he'll let it go... let it go... and move on to other adventures. Time will tell.

When this guy started talking crazy I got real nervous hoping the guy next to him holding the microphone was security and keeping a close eye on his hands to make sure no gun would get pulled out.

The vast majority of people, even those with some kind of mental health issues, never cause trouble.

It makes me wonder what people here would have said about me if I'd gone to the shareholder meeting and asked Elon what Tesla intended to do about the possible rise of Supercharger Nomads in the future (bands or tribes of people that live in Teslas and subsist off the free Supercharger network, thereby crowding out other customers). This is a serious question I have, and I even wrote a thread about it in the Charging Infrastructure forum.

People in real life think I'm crazy… but I just think differently. I am no genius but I know it is tough when most people don't understand your thought processes.

After thinking about it, anyone (including myself) who did not show up and get in line to ask a question is partially responsible for due diligence questions not being asked.

As I mentioned, just being there is no guarantee you'd get a chance to ask your question, especially when time is being taken up with nonsense. Tough corporate governance questions may have gone unasked because someone wanted to buy a jacket :rolleyes:

The vast majority of people, even those with some kind of mental health issues, never cause trouble.

It makes me wonder what people here would have said about me if I'd gone to the shareholder meeting and asked Elon what Tesla intended to do about the possible rise of Supercharger Nomads in the future (bands or tribes of people that live in Teslas and subsist off the free Supercharger network, thereby crowding out other customers). This is a serious question I have, and I even wrote a thread about it in the Charging Infrastructure forum.

People in real life think I'm crazy… but I just think differently. I am no genius but I know it is tough when most people don't understand your thought processes.

Fair point, but keep in mind that many of the most famous and public figures in history have been assassinated by crazies...Lincoln, MLK, JFK, John Lennon, Reagan...Elon is quickly moving towards becoming the most famous person of the 21st Century and so I put the risk as high for assassination attempts...I'm not trying to stir up fear but I see this risk of an assassination attempt being legitimate, whether it's 1% or 25% I have no idea.

I can answer that question. Beneath the superchargers live the dark and nasty supercharger trolls. They only are summoned by huge electromagnetic fields that hover in front of a supercharging station. Stay in one stall too long and the powerful fields will awaken the hideous creatures. Upon summoning they crawl out from underneath the vehicles and seek out and slash all 21" low profile tires parked over their graves.

19s are safe though. If you use 19" tires you'll be safe from the trolls.

As I mentioned, just being there is no guarantee you'd get a chance to ask your question, especially when time is being taken up with nonsense. Tough corporate governance questions may have gone unasked because someone wanted to buy a jacket :rolleyes:

So, you and I will go next year and get in line for our time at the microphone.:wink: I know you will have a good question...mine maybe not so! (Something about TM logos on my foam beer can holders):biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Fair point, but keep in mind that many of the most famous and public figures in history have been assassinated by crazies...Lincoln, MLK, JFK, John Lennon, Reagan...Elon is quickly moving towards becoming the most famous person of the 21st Century and so I put the risk as high for assassination attempts...I'm not trying to stir up fear but I see this risk of an assassination attempt being legitimate, whether it's 1% or 25% I have no idea.

Back to serious stuff.....I share this concern.