Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S P85+ - Driver Seat & Steering Wheel Stuck (not-adjustable)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had Easy Entry enabled, and unfortunately the seat & steering wheel, got stuck in the "Exit/Park" mode - so seat is way back/down and steering wheel is way pushed in & up - and they are no longer adjustable. Did some reading on people with similar issues and was hopeful it was just a cable coming unplugged or something, but took it to Tesla and they said I'd need a whole new drivers seat (~$3300) and the steering wheel was ~$900 to fix.

The seat is perfectly fine other than being stuck, so I'm curious if anyone has had any luck tackling something like this on their own - or just a full seat replacement. What's throwing me off is that the steering wheel adjustment went out at the same time. I would think these are separate circuits/fuses - I checked the fuses and those appear to be different and either way both fuses were fine. Anyways, just grasping at straws here, any help appreciated, thanks!

Always a guess as to your car's model year. If you go into the Service menu, there is a Seat Calibration (2018+) that you can try. Second, these seat settings are stored in your User Profile. Try creating a fresh User Profile and see if you can change and save the settings with this new profile.

Reactions: Invex09
Always a guess as to your car's model year. If you go into the Service menu, there is a Seat Calibration (2018+) that you can try. Second, these seat settings are stored in your User Profile. Try creating a fresh User Profile and see if you can change and save the settings with this new profile.
Early 2014 (so gen1: pre-autopilot) but don’t have the seat calibration but will try fresh user profile thanks!

Reactions: DerbyDave
I would try disconnecting both the 12 volt battery and the main battery for a while. Hopefully a hard reboot like this will reset everything. I'm sure that others will reply with other suggestions. Good luck!
Tried looking this up and find a lot of vids on replacing the whole 12v battery which is slightly more involved. To just disconnect will “Power Off” suffice or would you physically disconnect the 12v line? Thanks!