Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this is the right place to post but I’m interested in a model s at a local dealership and I’m wondering if it’s priced well. Thanks

Attachments

• D95DF256-0400-466C-AD50-BC33CBF0521F.png
    D95DF256-0400-466C-AD50-BC33CBF0521F.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
For reference a new 402mile range S which is half again the range far more standard features, AWD, autopilot, faster etc etc. Is under $70k today.
Tesla pricing has come way down while features and range went way up. This leads to a lot of grossly overpriced used cars out there.

Not sure if this is the right place to post but I’m interested in a model s at a local dealership and I’m wondering if it’s priced well. Thanks

There were still quite a few kinks to work out in those model years, including battery gate. I would do something newer. The below car even though it is 75 kWh, probably has a similar range to a 2014 85. I found this on craigslist in New Orleans.

https://neworleans.craigslist.org/ctd/d/south-bend-2017-tesla-model-75d/7219912246.html

A 2014 85S will have just about the same or less range than a brand new Model 3 SR+. Hard to say what other features the Model S has, but you're guaranteed the latest tech and the ability to add FSD. The 2014's didn't have any autopilot hardware at all until Sept. AP is standard on all Teslas now. Price would be pretty much the same on the 3 as what they're asking for this 6-7 year old S.

There are probably a dozen other things that others will surely list out that makes a new 3 far superior to a '14 S.

I know a new S and a new 3 are in different leagues, but I'd go for a new 3 over an old S any day of the week.