Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85 in 2020: Charge times and range questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering buying a used 2014 P85 with 80,000 miles on it. In 2020; what should I expect for range ( Seattle, WA, USA area ) and charge times ( 240V) .

Thanks very much for any ideas!

It will vary widely for range. But when you look at the car, look at the rated range on the display. Make sure the settings are set for "Rated" and not "Ideal".

Whatever the rated range is at that point, switch over in settings to Energy instead of range to look at the charge percent. Take the RatedRange*100/SOC% to get your rated range at 100. New is 265 miles.

Charge rate is a whole other thing and before you buy it, you should have the owner take you to a supercharger (120KW or more..not urban) and charge starting at say 30% or lower. It should be able to hold 116KW at up to 30% before it starts tapering. If it's less, you'll just have to decide for yourself how much less is ok with you.

@sorka: That is super helpful! Thank you very much.

@ucmndd: I did look at that other "Sudden loss of range" post and it looks like most S85 have a 2019 range of 220 miles. See screenshot.
2019-12-13_20-09-34.jpg

I'm over 150k miles, down to about 210 range.
But, the throttled back charging is killing me on what used to be fast runs to Richmond. It added 2 hours to the trip. The stops were 20 to 30 minutes max. Now 45 to 60 minutes easy very long. That's 30 minutes times 5 or 6 stops to DC.
Realize my batteries were made in 2012.