Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a 2014 T. SI had it for only a month with only 65000 Miles and the battery pack went out it's gonna cost me over 15000 I can't stand this situation. I'm in, don't know what to do I can't afford it. That is my only vehicle I feel screwed. I love the way the car dry but after this, I don't think I'll ever get another one. It just went out on its own. I didn't do anything wrong with it took very good care of it for the month that I had it and Tesla won't even help me it was out of warranty I tried to say it was a collision. But my insurance will not cover it now. I am screwed

I had a 2014 T. SI had it for only a month with only 65000 Miles and the battery pack went out it's gonna cost me over 15000 I can't stand this situation. I'm in, don't know what to do I can't afford it. That is my only vehicle I feel screwed. I love the way the car dry but after this, I don't think I'll ever get another one. It just went out on its own. I didn't do anything wrong with it took very good care of it for the month that I had it and Tesla won't even help me it was out of warranty I tried to say it was a collision. But my insurance will not cover it now. I am screwed
Sorry for the problem. It's a straw of luck when the car is out of warranty. There's nothing you can do to change that luck unless you want to buy another under warranty.

In them meantime, you might want to google "tesla battery repair shops" and ask if they can do cheaper. It might be cheaper even with the extra fees to ship to them and back.

Good luck!

Man, that stinks. I just recently bought an older tesla, but only because I have a second car to fall back on.

Speaking of the avalanche, how long before banks refuse to finance older EVs due to the risk involved? Prices are going to start to tank on these unless they can figure out a better warranty situation. Elon said 300k miles on a battery pack, why not give us warranty for that long?

there's market for these old cars and with failed packs also
many shops, DIYers, recylers get these n fix em or part them out
check out FB 029 group
some packs are fixable, some can be sold in modules for EV conversions or solar
its not for everyone but there's still demand

I would never dare to buy a Model S or X out of warranty, specially the first generation. Unless you are prepared to spent the money on a new battery, don’t domit.
You can really say the same for any luxury car. I don't know any car with a sub 4 second 0-60 that wouldn't cost over $15k if the motor goes. Sure, you can fix an engine, but you can also fix a battery pack.

I'm probably coping here, but in warranty cars with more than 5 years of warranty are easily $20k+ over the price of a good older car. It would cost around $20k to get a drive motor and battery replaced and both would then have the same warranty. If you get any life out of the used car before replacement, you've gained money and will see lower depreciation since it's already happened. *cope cope cope*

Last edited: