Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 85D CPO Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really informative read and thank you for sharing your experience. I am in the market for either a 70/75-85 kWh and the CPO variances are alarming. We often post about the bad experiences and not many post about either the average/hassle free experiences and it was refreshing reading about your experience.

Really informative read and thank you for sharing your experience. I am in the market for either a 70/75-85 kWh and the CPO variances are alarming. We often post about the bad experiences and not many post about either the average/hassle free experiences and it was refreshing reading about your experience.

Thanks!

Since I had a good experience, I figured I would let people know that were in my shoes. When I would read the horror stories about people's CPO experiences it almost made me not buy a car from Tesla at all. I don't regret my decision and I want other people to experience these great cars.

Congrats on your CPO purchase . I didn't want to deal with the wait and not seeing the car in person, I was lucky here in southern California there's a used car dealer that all they sell is used cpo teslas. You can test drive it and choose from a variety of them on the lot .They had about 30 of them when I bought mine 2 months ago . They have from P90DL to S60 and they have a couple of Model X.

Congrats on your CPO purchase . I didn't want to deal with the wait and not seeing the car in person, I was lucky here in southern California there's a used car dealer that all they sell is used cpo teslas. You can test drive it and choose from a variety of them on the lot .They had about 30 of them when I bought mine 2 months ago . They have from P90DL to S60 and they have a couple of Model X.

I’m also shopping around for a used Tesla but I’m hesitant to put a deposit after only seeing photos of vehicle. I’m in Southern California, what dealership did you purchase yours from?

Got the MVPA today. Now waiting for the Internal Delivery Advisor to find out what is the status of the car. Not sure if it has made it from the off site storage to the San Diego Delivery Center. Money has been taken care of, so I just need to know when to go get it! Need lots of patience!!!

Who did you deal with at the San Diego facility. My DA Senid has been horrible every time i ask for a ETA he just says nothing yet. I had my loan funded Monday about 10 days after the initial order as i kept delaying it because i could not get any delivery information from the DA. Finally today after i got irritated with him does he finally say it being transported from the lot today, almost 2 weeks after the order. I dont know what they were doing the last 2 weeks with it?

Really hope it arrives quick and with no issues as the car is already in San Diego as well. So i dont know why it took them this long.
Cant wait to get my 15 S85D

Reactions: rafacq
Who did you deal with at the San Diego facility. My DA Senid has been horrible every time i ask for a ETA he just says nothing yet. I had my loan funded Monday about 10 days after the initial order as i kept delaying it because i could not get any delivery information from the DA. Finally today after i got irritated with him does he finally say it being transported from the lot today, almost 2 weeks after the order. I dont know what they were doing the last 2 weeks with it?

Really hope it arrives quick and with no issues as the car is already in San Diego as well. So i dont know why it took them this long.

Sorry to hear about that! The DA that called me was Dave McBride. I do not think he is in San Diego. Can I suggest you call the 800 number and complain? The Sales Advisor I had was horrible. Talked to me once and promised the MVPA and never heard from him nor ever got the MVPA from him! Frustrating. Hard to believe Elon lets that happen.

Send me a PM and I will send Dave's credentials.

My car supposed to be in San Diego as well but they will have me take delivery in Costa Mesa.
The last email I got from Senid last Thursday was “ I should have an apx ETA once the vehicle has been picked up “ when I asked if he would know delivery date.
7 days since last email and 9 days since placing an order.

My car supposed to be in San Diego as well but they will have me take delivery in Costa Mesa.
The last email I got from Senid last Thursday was “ I should have an apx ETA once the vehicle has been picked up “ when I asked if he would know delivery date.
Denila
Same thing with me I keep telling them in multiple emails and texts I do not want to pick up in costa Mesa because of how awful that service center is even though it is only 30 mins away. Yet on my checklist it still says Costa Mesa
Senid did say not to worry and that it is being delivered to San Diego like I requested but I honestly do not trust the man at all. Luckily my SA did put on an email with senid to have the car picked up in San Diego.
Hoping when I do pick it up it's in San Diego and that I do not have to deal with Senid ever again.

Reactions: rafacq
Hey everyone! I've had the car just under a month now so I figured I would give an update as to how things are going.

Still completely in love and in awe of this car. I have driven a lot of different cars over the years and this is by far the most unique of them all. Driving by hand is a great experience and AP is awesome when it comes to commute traffic and helping take the strain off during that time (I live on Long Island in New York).

When I picked up the car there was a piece that popped off the track of the seat which they said they would have fixed. Last week mobile service came to fix that and he was a very nice and helpful guy. he told me to contact him anytime I had an issue or do so on the app. He noticed the windshield looked streaky and ordered windshield wipers for me. He came to my office yesterday and installed them for me. The wipers were free as was installation. Windshield wipers are cheap and installing them is easy, but that's not the point. He went out of his way for something minor and it really had an impact on me.

I am still in the honeymoon phase with the car, but so far I really haven't had any problems at all.

One thing about Autopilot. I use it a fair amount when commuting and it has been flawless. Yes I have AP1 and it wont completely drive me to work, but I don't want it too. I enjoy driving and really enjoy driving my Tesla. I have had cars cut in front of me while AP is engaged and it has handled all of those situations very well.

Now my wife has been taking the car on some days so I guess I'll have to start looking for one for her in white haha.

Reactions: Denila

Denila,
I had about enough of Senid since i could not get ahold of him and had already paid for my car as well. So i sent him an email asking how long it would take since the car was already in San Diego and just stated how horrible his service was, and he called me a couple hours later apologizing because apparently my sales guy gave them the wrong information and told them i did not want to pick up for a few weeks! And now I pick up my Tesla tomorrow at 3pm from the Kearny Mesa facility. I know i wont be able to sleep all night!

Sorry to hear about that! The DA that called me was Dave McBride. I do not think he is in San Diego. Can I suggest you call the 800 number and complain? The Sales Advisor I had was horrible. Talked to me once and promised the MVPA and never heard from him nor ever got the MVPA from him! Frustrating. Hard to believe Elon lets that happen.

Send me a PM and I will send Dave's credentials.

Rafacq,
Appreciate your help. I even called the SD delivery facility and they are alot better to deal with than the SA for Tesla. Hoping my actual delivery experience is good. So far just from the conversations with the Delivery center it seems like it will!

Reactions: rafacq and Denila
Denila,
I had about enough of Senid since i could not get ahold of him and had already paid for my car as well. So i sent him an email asking how long it would take since the car was already in San Diego and just stated how horrible his service was, and he called me a couple hours later apologizing because apparently my sales guy gave them the wrong information and told them i did not want to pick up for a few weeks! And now I pick up my Tesla tomorrow at 3pm from the Kearny Mesa facility. I know i wont be able to sleep all night!

Senid called me not to long ago as well after I sent an email this morning asking for an update.
He said the car is at Costa Mesa DC and ready but it needs to be 24 hours before they can schedule a delivery.
He didn't give me any options and said the only time they have available is on Wed at 5pm.

Denila,

Good luck tomorrow!!!
Let us know how it goes.

Denila, please pay attention to the forum structure as you're typing your response within the text of the person you're quoting which ends up looking like you didn't post anything at all other than the person's post you quoted unless we all take the time to figure out where in that quote your text is. Just make sure you type before or after any text if you're gong to quote someone's reply the way you have been.