Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 CPO TESLA MODEL S 85 AP1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And you still did business with Tesla after that experience?

What can you do though? Tesla is the only game in town if you want a premium long range high performance EV. They will have to considerably up their game with the CPO program and what they disclose to customers about cars they sell when they have competition in a year or two.

Right now if you buy a used car, CPO or not, you better take your time to thoroughly check out the car.

OP, you have a beautiful car that is priced well! I've been keeping an eye on used Tesla prices for a couple of years now and your car is one of the few I have seen here that is extremely reasonably priced.

Good luck with the sale!

Reactions: JPUConn
Gauging interest in selling my Model S85 in DFW, North Texas.

Below are the specifications:
Model S 85
CPO warranty
Single Motor Rear Wheel Drive
Blue Metallic Paint
Tan Leather Seats
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19” Silver Cyclone Wheels
Wood Matte Decor
Free Unlimited Supercharging
Autopilot Hardware 1
Tech Package with Autopilot
Standard Suspension
Parcel Shelf
Single Charger
Generation 1 UMC with 5-15 and 14-50 adapters
LTE upgrade
CQuartz Pro ceramic coating

PM me for info offers....
I am very interested in the model S you have posted could you please contact me .I am looking for an 85 cpo I don't care if it had some body work done I am looking for one for an affordable price so far every time I find one it is sold in a matter sometimes of hours.Please contact me as I am trying to find one.I am in SC .I am a new member do not know how to pm you.I put a watch on this thread.Please respond to me.

And you still did business with Tesla after that experience?
Yeah, that was the first Tesla of a few we bought. They refunded the full purchase price so I was out was around a $1000 in last minute airfare, Uber bills plus miscellaneous expenses. They said their hands were tied and not able to refund my actual documented expenses that were caused by them claiming in emails that the only damage was minor and limited to the bumper. I am now more careful with taking them at their word even when it is in writing (emails).

• Informative
Reactions: JPUConn
I’m not saying you car was in an accident but just correcting your obvious mistake about Tesla not selling cars with repaired damages. I flew to NY to purchase a model X from Tesla that they said was absolutely perfect and had only a bumper replaced, under close inspection I found considerable undisclosed repaired damages that Tesla had paid repairing to the tune of over $30,000. I was extremely angry about the attempt to mislead me and that they only came clean after the discovery. The car was going to be my ride home and the Tesla Store manager said he was very sorry and that the car was becoming a problem for them. Unfortunately they couldn’t help me with the 30 minute ride back to the airport let alone buying the last minute return flight. Your car looks very nice, good luck with your sale.

Curious, how were you able to vet the damages? Were they obvious or do you have experience in the auto body industry? Just wanted to prep when I look at used vehicles...

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18
Curious, how were you able to vet the damages? Were they obvious or do you have experience in the auto body industry? Just wanted to prep when I look at used vehicles...
The car was repaired by a Tesla approved body shop. Tesla eventually produced the receipts after I said I wouldn’t go forward without seeing them. They said that they should have already had me sign off on them as part of the purchase agreement that was already completed. The damages were not that obvious but I own a body shop and a car dealership. I was not impressed at all with the level of quality coming from the approved body shop, especially on a high end car. At a certain price point you don’t repair parts that can be replaced easily and economically. I’m sure the car was eventually sold to someone and they may never know its full history

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: davidc18
I’m not saying you car was in an accident but just correcting your obvious mistake about Tesla not selling cars with repaired damages. I flew to NY to purchase a model X from Tesla that they said was absolutely perfect and had only a bumper replaced, under close inspection I found considerable undisclosed repaired damages that Tesla had paid repairing to the tune of over $30,000. I was extremely angry about the attempt to mislead me and that they only came clean after the discovery. The car was going to be my ride home and the Tesla Store manager said he was very sorry and that the car was becoming a problem for them. Unfortunately they couldn’t help me with the 30 minute ride back to the airport let alone buying the last minute return flight. Your car looks very nice, good luck with your sale.

That's actually scary. How did you find out what damage has been done to the vehicle? I'm now gonna be cautious when searching for a Tesla. I don't want mine to give me any problems.

That's actually scary. How did you find out what damage has been done to the vehicle? I'm now gonna be cautious when searching for a Tesla. I don't want mine to give me any problems.

Nothing like actually taking it to a reputed body shop for an inspection as they know what to look for. Not everything shows up on CarFax... And when it does, it could take months after an incident.

Nothing like actually taking it to a reputed body shop for an inspection as they know what to look for. Not everything shows up on CarFax... And when it does, it could take months after an incident.

Yea same with my current car. It said it was clean on Carfax but found out on autocheck that it was smashed up and repainted. Anyway where I can complain to Carfax and state that they didn't show this up in their report?

Yea same with my current car. It said it was clean on Carfax but found out on autocheck that it was smashed up and repainted. Anyway where I can complain to Carfax and state that they didn't show this up in their report?

IMO Carfax has more to do with resale value than actually knowing of any panels have been painted or the car fixed up after damage. There are ways to avoid bodywork from showing up on Carfax.

I'm sure Carfax has fine print to cover themselves.

Always best to pay a professional $150 to properly inspect a used car costing over $60,000...

• Disagree
Reactions: Ketchups