Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 / MODEL S / P85D / PEARL WHITE / GRAY LEATHER

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 / MODEL S / P85D / PEARL WHITE / GRAY LEATHER
BUILD DATE / 8/15
GEN 2 SEATS
NO WARRANTY
EXTRAS:
FREE LIFETIME SUPERCHARGING
TESLA CONSOLE WITH SUNGLASS SLOT AND CUP HOLDERS
ALL WEATHER HONEYCOMB RUBBER FLOOR MATS / FRONT AND BACK
BLACK QUILTED TRUNK AND FRUNK LINER / MAT
FULL BUMPER TO BUMPER CERAMIC COATING ON PAINT - 5 YEAR WARRANTY
3M CRYSTALLINE CERAMIC WINDOW TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND / 70% ON WINDSHIELD
CARBON FIBER SPOILER
21" GLOSSY BLACK TESLA TURBINE WHEELS / HANDKOOK TIRES VENTUS V12 EVO2 5K MILES 245/35ZR21
EXTRA STOCK SET OF BLACK POWDER COATED 19' TESLA WHEELS / MICHELIN PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ 245/45/ZR19
AP1 TECH PACKAGE
AUTO PILOT
AWD
69,096 MILES / $64,950
*WE ARE NEW, EXCITED TO SHARE OUR CAR - MESSAGE ME FOR MORE PICTURES OR
IMG_4530.jpeg
IMG_4531.jpeg
IMG_4583.jpeg
QUESTIONS

• Funny
Reactions: cucubits
My thought process was to post here and see what input other owners might have

ok, since you asked, best option is to check out the list of P85Ds currently for sale from Tesla as mentioned above by @BobbyJones and price yours accordingly. If you want the get the most possible for it, it will take a while if priced higher then what Tesla sells these for. If you want to sell quickly, go a bit lower.

Aftermarket upgrades may or most often may not increase the resale value. Some put more value on warranty, but there are some who would take free supercharging.

Good luck!

Seriously Dude? Look I have totally tried to stay out of all the mud slinging here. I will ask one time, stop posting here. I asked for suggestions via PRIVATE MESSAGE. The "rules" Ostrichsak is referring to, are rules that most people live by, which is courtesy, and respect, kindness and helpfulness. If you were trying to be any of those things you would have messaged me privately, you would have offered advice, even some insight. However, that is not what you're did, and is not what you're doing. If you're going to be that way, you shouldn't try to turn it around to make yourself a victim, and claim you're being attacked. Ridiculous, and so dramatic. If someone is interested in my car and wants to talk price, I am more than willing to negotiate. Being a gear-head, and having bought and sold many cars with lots of extras, I know there are people out there like me, that like expensive upgrades, and are willing to pay for them, because they will turn around and have to do it anyway when they buy a car like yours. Maybe not exactly what I think they are worth, but again, thats called negotiating. That being said, there is not another car in all the "comps" anyone here has sent me, that has everything my car has, and I have had several inquiries already.
Not taking specific sides of this particular exchange here, but this is a forum so people posting opinions is expected, so you shouldn't be surprised if someone looking at your post may be wanting to help you as well as potential buyers by posting what they think may be comps. If you don't want people commenting on price, don't post the price, post it as "$negotiable" and negotiate with each potential buyer privately. Some people might still post what they think your car is worth, but won't criticize your price if there isn't one. If you don't want any comments, use autotrader or craigslist, or edmunds, or ebay, or all of them and more.

Btw, while I get that you value the car you own, and will argue that this exact particular set of options and upgrades does not exists anywhere else, this does not mean the car doesn't have comps. Comps are "comparable" cars, not "identical cars". For some, they must have a specific color and other color cars are not considered comps, but to others they are flexible and to those people different color cars are in fact comps. As a side note, majority of Teslas made before 2017 are unicorns, with literally 100's of thousands possible options combinations back then, and only 100 thousand cars produced, plenty are unique - it doesn't mean they have some extra high value because there isn't another car exactly like them out there.

Lastly, having owned a large number of cars in my life, I have to tell you that unfortunately most car upgrades are not worth much on the resale side, unless you find a buyer who wants the exact set of options and as you said was going to pay for them anyways after the fact. I happen to have a car very similar to yours (3 months older but half the miles and with Ludicrous and Plus suspension) and I had Tesla value it last summer, so I can only imagine what they would offer for it today. Yes, it is possible that you will find that on in a million buyer, but you will have to get lucky and possibly wait a long time, during which the car will continue to depreciate. If you want to know the generic price evaluation, get your car appraised by Tesla for a trade-in value, they will tell you what comps means for them - add ~$10K to it for retail price Tesla would list it at (with CPO warranty), and go down from there. And yes, they don't count on that one buyer who want that exact car, they price it so that it has a decent chance to sell within few weeks or months.

I will leave you with this universal truth: the value of your car is what someone else is willing to pay for it, not what you feel it's worth, and there is no such thing universal value.

Last edited:
Could not have said it better myself whitex. Especially the part of add 10k to what Tesla is offering you for a good ballpark. I will say that some add ons beyond the build sheet especially from Tesla are worth more then your own custom touches. Ludicrous, extended warranty, front console, extra rims in snow country are probably worth more percentage wise then clear wrap, window tints, dechroming etc etc. that being said all you need is the right set of circumstances and the right buyer but the pool becomes more rarified the more modified the car is.

Could not have said it better myself whitex. Especially the part of add 10k to what Tesla is offering you for a good ballpark. I will say that some add ons beyond the build sheet especially from Tesla are worth more then your own custom touches. Ludicrous, extended warranty, front console, extra rims in snow country are probably worth more percentage wise then clear wrap, window tints, dechroming etc etc. that being said all you need is the right set of circumstances and the right buyer but the pool becomes more rarified the more modified the car is.
Yea, some options can be worth more than others. For example, if I was to sell my car I would expect to see some value out of Ludicrous (P85DL vs. P85D is similar P85D vs. 85D, but no reduced rated range due to ludicrous), but for example my integrated Stinger VIP front and back radar detector plus laser jammer, I doubt I would see much out of it, even though it costs $13K+ to put in (hardware costs $6,500, I installed it myself but had it quoted by a local installers).

Not taking specific sides of this particular exchange here, but this is a forum so people posting opinions is expected, so you shouldn't be surprised if someone looking at your post may be wanting to help you as well as potential buyers by posting what they think may be comps. If you don't want people commenting on price, don't post the price, post it as "$negotiable" and negotiate with each potential buyer privately. Some people might still post what they think your car is worth, but won't criticize your price if there isn't one. If you don't want any comments, use autotrader or craigslist, or edmunds, or ebay, or all of them and more.

Btw, while I get that you value the car you own, and will argue that this exact particular set of options and upgrades does not exists anywhere else, this does not mean the car doesn't have comps. Comps are "comparable" cars, not "identical cars". For some, they must have a specific color and other color cars are not considered comps, but to others they are flexible and to those people different color cars are in fact comps. As a side note, majority of Teslas made before 2017 are unicorns, with literally 100's of thousands possible options combinations back then, and only 100 thousand cars produced, plenty are unique - it doesn't mean they have some extra high value because there isn't another car exactly like them out there.

Lastly, having owned a large number of cars in my life, I have to tell you that unfortunately most car upgrades are not worth much on the resale side, unless you find a buyer who wants the exact set of options and as you said was going to pay for them anyways after the fact. I happen to have a car very similar to yours (3 months older but half the miles and with Ludicrous and Plus suspension) and I had Tesla value it last summer, so I can only imagine what they would offer for it today. Yes, it is possible that you will find that on in a million buyer, but you will have to get lucky and possibly wait a long time, during which the car will continue to depreciate. If you want to know the generic price evaluation, get your car appraised by Tesla for a trade-in value, they will tell you what comps means for them - add ~$10K to it for retail price Tesla would list it at (with CPO warranty), and go down from there. And yes, they don't count on that one buyer who want that exact car, they price it so that it has a decent chance to sell within few weeks or months.

I will leave you with this universal truth: the value of your car is what someone else is willing to pay for it, not what you feel it's worth, and there is no such thing universal value.

I agree with all of that, that being said, the one person that was posting here wasn't giving friendly feedback, or trying to be helpful, and every time he got mad at the other member for challenging him, he would lash out on my listing, and then all of that just started taking over. Craz8 has a listing here as well and started pretty high, I don't see one comment on price their listing, or an opinion on anything for that matter. Just very pleasant interaction with other nice people. I looked at a good number of others as well and nothing like that on them. I don't like drama, and even if I felt a certain was about someones listing, I have enough respect to ask if they would like info or an opinion. I really like the idea of no price, lesson learned. I think I have a buyer, so I'm not that worried about it, but I may withdraw my post here, if you can even do that. I can repost later without a price and with some additional info, more pictures, and better educated.

As you said, the car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I am usually a cash buyer and like it when the things I want do to my cars are already done. I know what the upgrades I like are worth, so if someone has done them and they are quality, I'm happy it pay for them. I figure if don't have to deal with appointments, getting myself or cars places, and leaving them etc, that's an upside.

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it.

I agree with all of that, that being said, the one person that was posting here wasn't giving friendly feedback, or trying to be helpful, and every time he got mad at the other member for challenging him, he would lash out on my listing, and then all of that just started taking over. Craz8 has a listing here as well and started pretty high, I don't see one comment on price their listing, or an opinion on anything for that matter. Just very pleasant interaction with other nice people. I looked at a good number of others as well and nothing like that on them. I don't like drama, and even if I felt a certain was about someones listing, I have enough respect to ask if they would like info or an opinion. I really like the idea of no price, lesson learned. I think I have a buyer, so I'm not that worried about it, but I may withdraw my post here, if you can even do that. I can repost later without a price and with some additional info, more pictures, and better educated.

As you said, the car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I am usually a cash buyer and like it when the things I want do to my cars are already done. I know what the upgrades I like are worth, so if someone has done them and they are quality, I'm happy it pay for them. I figure if don't have to deal with appointments, getting myself or cars places, and leaving them etc, that's an upside.

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it.
My advice would be not to get into arguments with folks - everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and this is the internet so there is no shortage of opinions. You should however assume when posting on fan forums, that people will think you want feedback/opinions - that is what fan forums are, a collection of opinions and shared experiences. So, if you see an comment or opinion expressed, don't assume malice (but if you strongly suspect it, just ignore the comment or agree to disagree). As for retracting a post, not sure you can do that, but I'd just post "***SOLD***" and stop paying attention to the the thread, it will die off all on its own.

Would you mind telling us the selling price? It should help future sellers and buyers to have as many reference points as possible.

If it's way less than your asking price, I promise I won't say "I told you so" but if it's over 60k I'm not sure I'll believe you :)
So in other words if he doesn't say exactly what you want he's a liar? You're a real piece of work man.

• Disagree