Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Tesla P85D Ludicrous Plus Suspension Free Unlimited Supercharging MCU2 - $45,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
132K miles. Immaculate near perfect example of of P85D with rare options. Not a short distance daily driver. 99% of all the miles are my commute between San Jose and Merced or long road trips.

Photos: Tesla P85D Ludicrous Rare plus suspension Free Unlimited...

Original owner. I took factory delivery on March 31st 2015 in Fremont.

Drive unit and battery warranty in effect until March 31st 2023.
Free unlimited supercharging for life with email verification from Tesla customer service that this is the FUSC for life that transfers with vehicle when sold.
Grandfathered premium data plan.

Upgrades:
Ludicrous upgrade done at 17K miles.
Infotainment MCU2 upgrade done last year in March and maintains free grandfathered data. Under warranty until March 2025
Center console storage.
BBC Speed solid billet adjustable rear camber links. Comes with original links as well.
Xpel Ultimate full front PPF (Front bumper, hood, fenders, and mirrors).

Options:
Tech Package with Auto Pilot.
Panoramic Moonroof - This option is no longer available on ANY tesla.
Ultra High Fidelity sound.
Smart Air Suspension.
Midnight Silver Paint.
Next Generation Seats.
Obeche Gloss Wood - No longer available on any Tesla due to supply shortages.
Dual 40 amp chargers (80 amps total) - No longer available on any Tesla.
Unlimited grandfathered data plan. Watch Netflix and other streaming services without paying for data.

Maintenance:
Front and rear drive unit fluid changed at 125K miles - Not required or recommended item.
50K maintenance - Battery coolant, drive unit fluid, brake fluid, etc. This is no longer a recommended or required maintenance.
Alignment was just performed and has been performed every few years keeping front and rear camber at about -1 degree.
12 volt battery just replaced last week.

Care:
Never been through a car wash. Only ever washed with fresh 15 microfiber mitts to eliminate any chance of contamination.
Ceramic coat applied every 2 years.
No dings or dents.
No paint chips due to PPF installed since day 3.
No swirling from improper washing. There's nothing more painful than walking past a car in the sun and seeing millions of swirl rings from improper washing.

Battery:
Current 100% charge is 230 miles down from 252 miles when brand new (8.7% degradation).

Tires:
12K miles on current set of Pilot Sport A/S 3+.

Defects:
Xpel is almost 7 years old. It's holding up well but has some minor nicks but nothing that went through to the paint.
There are a few spots along the edge below the nosecone where the PPF is starting to separate from the paint.
Front left wheel has a small nick in it. No curb rash on any wheel.
Drivers side left bottom seat bolster has some minor creases.

Live in Merced, CA. Occasionally travel to Bay Area for work or other errands.

Reason for selling. Ordered a Model X Plaid.

Last edited:
A few more details:
Has lighted vanity mirrors from 2018 (2017 and earlier didn't have lighted mirrors at all).
Charge port and motorized door replaced last year.
Drivers side front door handle replaced two years ago by Tesla (broken paddle gear).
I replaced the passenger front door handle paddle gear and harness myself last year (about an hour to do both).
Rear hatch cinch motor replaced by me two years ago. The original hadn't failed but it it's speed was highly variable and was going to fail soon.

Took the free 6 seat upgrade offer on the MXP but then EDD jumped back to October from late January. Now it's back to from October to 2/17-3/10. It'll probably move back to October. Tesla can't seem to be consistent on anything these days.

I'm on the verge of deciding that if I find the right buyer, I'll probably just live with not having a Tesla for a while if they move the EDD date back out to October or months from now.

Since I took the craigslist ad down 5 day after it went up and it's not yet reposted, here's a gallery link to the sale photos. It has 1000 more miles on it than shown.