Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016.5 S75 degradation now 22%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My S75 has been losing range miles fairly rapidly over the last 18 months from 100% at 220 down to 194 now. This is 22% degradation from original range of 249. The car is not showing any errors.
My warranty is up in 2 months so I'm having Tesla do a battery health test in a few weeks. I expect they will say it's fine since I don't have any errors but this battery seems ripe for failure - probably shortly after my warranty expires. I love the car and have a lot of upgrades into it, ecohitch, MCU2 and CCS charging specifically.
Given these facts what would you guys do?

They won't do anything until there is a failure. I think they will charge you $175 Diagnostic fee to check the health. Even on newer Tesla's they won't do anything until the battery is under 70% retention.
Thanks, I expect you're right. I'd ask folks what I should do in this situation but then I'd understandably get a lot more questions so to make it simple what would others do in this situation?
Do nothing? Sell before warranty expires? Pay someone to change out the battery?

for CAC its a 20% difference i believe
for imbalance, i don't recall the hard numbers but it could be high n pack still function fine if its consistent
so its more of, to watch the numbers over time n see if they're deviating.. i believe thats what BMS does as well

Reactions: Greg29
I own a 2017 Model S75, and my warranty is set to expire next year. The car currently has 140,000 miles. Considering my situation, I'm contemplating trading it in for a used Prius. Owning it has been enjoyable, but I believe that instead of spending money on a new battery, I might opt for a $10,000 used Prius. I can handle most maintenance tasks on ICE cars in my home garage with little expertise. Therefore, it's unlikely that I'll purchase another Tesla. However, I'll make a final decision later next year.