Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Falcon Door Not Latching - Fix?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hello, My passenger falcon door won't latch. It sounds like the door is too big for the aperture and its trying real hard to close but can't get there. If I push down on it while closing, I can get it to latch.

I noticed there is a seal not seated properly (see pic), but I can push it back in...seems permanently deformed. Service Center wants $550 to replace both latches. I declined. I'll replace the latches myself, following another post. But has anyone seen this seal bulging out and think it might be blocking the full closure?
Any other ideas to get it to latch? Thank you!

Hello, My passenger falcon door won't latch. It sounds like the door is too big for the aperture and its trying real hard to close but can't get there. If I push down on it while closing, I can get it to latch.

I noticed there is a seal not seated properly (see pic), but I can push it back in...seems permanently deformed. Service Center wants $550 to replace both latches. I declined. I'll replace the latches myself, following another post. But has anyone seen this seal bulging out and think it might be blocking the full closure?
$550 seems pretty reasonable to me, their hourly rate is like $180. Besides, if they don’t get it, they’ll keep working on it or you can take it back.

Upvote 0
$550 seems pretty reasonable to me, their hourly rate is like $180. Besides, if they don’t get it, they’ll keep working on it or you can take it back.
They actually wrote the estimate for $850, then I showed them a service bulletin about need replacing both falcon door latches due to water ingress, and time was 1.9 hours for two. So they dropped their price. But only because I found the bulletin. They didn’t bring that up.

Upvote 0

The seals and body work would need to be inspected, Body work reworked and seals replaced, Falcon door alignment so it doesn't scrap into the metal and gouge the seals again.

Upvote 0