Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S 70D Incorrect Range Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased 2016 Model S 70D, pre face-lift body. The issue I'm having is the range displayed on the car screens and the phone app are not right. The full range should be around 240 miles according to the spec, but %100 charge shows 293 miles. I contacted Tesla service, they first checked if the car has upgraded battery. It does not. I verified the car has 70kWh battery pack by looking at the tag behind right front wheel. I'm still waiting a resolution from Tesla service. I was wondering if you guys have experienced or heard anything like this.

Attachments

• 383F388D-DA06-42C2-A1A1-6EC7FF2BFB3A.png
    383F388D-DA06-42C2-A1A1-6EC7FF2BFB3A.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased 2016 Model S 70D, pre face-lift body. The issue I'm having is the range displayed on the car screens and the phone app are not right. The full range should be around 240 miles according to the spec, but %100 charge shows 293 miles. I contacted Tesla service, they first checked if the car has upgraded battery. It does not. I verified the car has 70kWh battery pack by looking at the tag behind right front wheel. I'm still waiting a resolution from Tesla service. I was wondering if you guys have experienced or heard anything like this.

Controls -> display

change mileage display from “ideal” to “rated”

i am absolutely surprised tesla service didn't immediately tell you to switch from ideal to rated.. almost like they have no idea what car they are servicing.....??