Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S - one USB port stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed that one of the USB ports on my 2016 (pre-refresh) Model S stopped working. It was the port that I keep a USB cable plugged into to charge my phone. Noticed the phone wasn't charging, if I unplug my Music USB flashdrive and switch the cable to the other port, the phone charges.

I was thinking maybe a fuse until the other port worked. Any ideas???

There is a single fuse for the USB ports, so if one has failed, it's likely in the USB hub module, not a fuse. Rather than spend $100-200 to fix it, I'd get a $10 USB power plug that fits into the 12v power port. Use that to charge your phone. Get a 2.4amp unit, and it will charge your phone far faster too.

There is a single fuse for the USB ports, so if one has failed, it's likely in the USB hub module, not a fuse. Rather than spend $100-200 to fix it, I'd get a $10 USB power plug that fits into the 12v power port. Use that to charge your phone. Get a 2.4amp unit, and it will charge your phone far faster too.
That's what I was wondering - I was thinking if both ports went out, maybe it was a fuse, but since only 1 went out, I was thinking it may be something more in depth.