Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark pool distribution update - net selling of ~80k more shares so far today. Nothing overtly manipulative that I've noticed.

tsla-buysell-darkpool (2).png

CNBC folks have been saying that there is an unusual amount of options action around $325. They are expecting the stock to improve after ER and recommending to buy it.

There was a call sweeper that scooped up $368k in Friday 325c, around $313.

What the heck just launched us from 315 to 323 so fast? Nothing on my feed.

While I'm super excited about the long term, I'm nervous about tonight's report, to be honest.

I'm cynical, so I'm gonna vote short reloading tomfoolery to have more ammo to use in after hours and tomorrow.

VA - dark pools are off-market exchanges commonly used by large institutions to buy/sell with less overall effect on the given stock. Trades still get reported, but things like bids and offers in dark pools are obscured.

The way Tesla is acting the probability of a post Earnings Bounce or gap Up is extremely high
I fully expect major positive reaction after hours as well as major upside tomorrow

I'm not so sure. Short-term price action in TSLA is highly unpredictable and often counter-intuitive, to say the least.

It may be wise for short-term traders to wait until after 2Q17 earnings for the clouds to dissipate.

As a long-term investor, however, I'm not sweating it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.