Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Question: 2014 P85+ creaking/rattling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my non-AP1 2014 P85+ in to get a creak/rattle in the front-right wheel well that's gotten progressively worse looked at. Have read a bunch about suspension issues & recalls with these gen1 MS's, had my fingers crossed it would be less than $1K. But I got a quote for $1,557 with SC saying "rubber bushing are torn on the aft links and noise is coming from joint of fore links". So that quote is to replace fore & aft links.

Does this seem accurate or has anyone had this done recently and can confirm this is on par? With all the issues surrounding suspension I've read about, $1.5K to fix it isn't too bad. Just concerned with the SC's language of "the fore links and aft links will require replacement as the starting point for the noise concern" lol. Trying to nail them down on answering will this fix things and all I can get is "That should resolve the issue and we would test again after".

Thanks in advance for any advice/insight

Yes, that is not bad. I have a 2014 and 2016 Model S. The 2014 has some rattling starting - but I have not done anything about it yet. The 2016 I had issues with the bushings and rear toe links.. That was $1800 repair. About a year later I had noise that sounded like looseness in the front. That required a bunch of front suspension parts in rear and front totaling about $3000. I don't feel like I'm that rough on the car, but the roads are the roads. That car has 125,000 miles. Remember they will also realign the car. So yes, $1.5k not bad! Good Luck.

Upvote 0