Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model X Windshield Wiper Proble.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,
For some reason my wipers aren't working on level 1 (3 dots) and 2 (4 dots). There are 4 levels on the model x legacy models. The first two I assume they are more likely auto sensing. When I press the side button for wiper it works, and level 3 and 4 works. Not sure what is the cause for 1 and 2 not working. Anyone had this issue before?

So far I have soft reset and factory reset the car and still have the same problem.

Attachments

• 20230916_174151.jpg
    20230916_174151.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 111
FSD Beta 11.4.7 apparently killed my Autowipers, and there's a bug in it that Tesla is aware of. I've tried a variety of things to get them back without reall success. But, they've now come back to some extent.

Try this: When rain is falling, set the wipers to one of the Autowiper settings, then start hitting the single wipe button every few seconds for a few minutes. Stop hitting the button and see if the Autowiper function starts running on its own. Try this at least a few times before giving up.

My crazy theory is that the software has to be trained a bit to recognize when it should be wiping since the 11.4.7 update.

The Autowiping function still isn't as good as before 11.4.7, it wipes sometimes without justification, but it's better than nothing.

Reactions: KC0427