Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 S90D corrosion in suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having to replace many suspension parts within one year of the last overhaul. Tesla is covering many of the parts under warranty, which is nice. However, they are saying that the parts failed due to corrosion. What can I do to minimize corrosion? The tech mentioned washing it once a week, but I’m betting there is more to be done.
I keep it in my garage, which is unheated but warm enough to melt whatever salty snow builds up on it. A dehumidifier in the garage?
I want to keep my car for as long as possible. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sorry to hear about the corrosion issues. You could try keeping the car parked outside. I'm no corrosion expert but I think I remember hearing that heat/warmth speeds up corrosion. We don't have a garage and park outside by necessity, and I'm probably jinxing myself but haven't had bad corrosion (that I can see) on a 7yo MS.

Otherwise I wonder if there are aftermarket parts in stainless steel / aluminum alloy that you could swap in.

Upvote 0

You can buy it on line in a number of places. There are location that provide undercoating with it. It's pretty standard up here in New Hampshire to know about it. The roads are buried in salt during the winter. With out protection car just dissolve.

Upvote 0

You can buy it on line in a number of places. There are location that provide undercoating with it. It's pretty standard up here in New Hampshire to know about it. The roads are buried in salt during the winter. With out protection car just dissolve.
Thanks!

Yeah, here in KY, we get as much ice as snow. So the liquid salt is used around here as a pre-treater, and road salt used for the heavier times. Wreaks havoc on the pavement.

Upvote 0